P& D FERRIES HULL to ZEEBRUGGE ROUTE,

Neil W

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just been announced by P and O that they are permanently cutting the Hull to Zeebrugge route due to lack of demand because of Coronavirus

It has gone the way of the Newcastle to Norway route

I Wonder If they will eventually reinstate it. I did use that route occasionally.

P and O have always said there were issues with the vessels width restrictions at Hull due the size of the lock meaning they cannot use a vessel the size that they do on the Rotterdam route.
The Pride of York and Bruge were due to be replaced as in recent years they have had expensive breakdowns and the other option would be a new facility alongside the one for the Rotterdam ferry in the main river channel .
Case of cutting their losses, wouldn't care I still have a credit for a trip and even last week they told us that bookings for the Hull to Zeebrugge would be available for next summer from 1st October 2020

Just another kick in the bollocks fir the north.

I went over to Germany a few weeks ago with my wife on the Hull-Zeebrugge route. It was full of freight but hardly any car/foot passengers. There were, literally, more staff then customers.

Back
Top Bottom