Datatool Tracker - worth it or not?

When you activate it in the app it will allow for you to set a start and end time. No alerts mode, itself does the same as the transport and garage modes together. I do it when I disconnect the battery too.

Yes, it’s a fairly new feature. I’ve just checked and the app is much improved. Thanks.

Bought my bike in June last year, the dealer said that they had registered the Datatag and DataTool. I recieved the eamil to confirm the Datatag registration.
It's only after reading this thread that i've realised i never activated the Datatool was always a bit bemused on how it worked.

I have searched for an email from Scorpion around the same time i recieved the Datatag email but there isn't one, either i deleted it or i didn't get one.

However my thoughts are now around do i really need it and should i simply remove the tracker.
I am also unsure what the Stealth 5 tracker physically looks like to remove it, seems to a secret on google for obvious reasons.

Or simply pay for a subscription is it really worth it? Chances of it getting nicked over here are very low.

Bought my bike in June last year, the dealer said that they had registered the Datatag and DataTool. I recieved the eamil to confirm the Datatag registration.
It's only after reading this thread that i've realised i never activated the Datatool was always a bit bemused on how it worked.

I have searched for an email from Scorpion around the same time i recieved the Datatag email but there isn't one, either i deleted it or i didn't get one.

However my thoughts are now around do i really need it and should i simply remove the tracker.
I am also unsure what the Stealth 5 tracker physically looks like to remove it, seems to a secret on google for obvious reasons.

Or simply pay for a subscription is it really worth it? Chances of it getting nicked over here are very low.

subscription price is reasonable, for the peace of mind Im certainly going to renew, like you I got bike in June and took a wee bit of time to look at stealth features, more hassle I'd say to remove, must be some insurance benefits also Id imagine

If a thief believes you vehicle has a tracker fitted, and wants it, it will be in a garage within five minutes of having been stolen. If it's still there a week later the thief goes and gets it :blast

If a thief believes you vehicle has a tracker fitted, and wants it, it will be in a garage within five minutes of having been stolen. If it's still there a week later the thief goes and gets it :blast

And the tracker will tell you where it was last seen, probably just as it goes through the garage door.

Doesn't have RF tracking like the Bike Trac?

From Bike Trac:

GPS and RF Technology

"GPS allows us to locate down to 3 – 5 meters in real time. RF (Radio Frequency) allows us to locate down to 1 meter if hidden in garages / containers also to gain search warrants."

I have their Trakking Adventure fitted to my current Africa Twin and the one before it, both already there fitted by the dealer so I just pay the subscription. In my experience it's been well worth the tenner a month, if the bike is moved or disturbed at all they are on the phone within seconds. On the ferry, when I forgot to put it into transport mode *every single time* :D I get a call before we even start manoeuvring out of dock, and my understanding is that any triggered vehicles are tracked very closely until they are able to contact the owner to confirm all is well. It's a 15k bike, what's a tenner a month....

I've had a Datatool Tracker fitted on my last 2 bikes. I have to say the people at the company are very efficient, as is their system. I've been called several times when boarding a ferry, disconnecting the battery, transporting the bike by truck etc and the latest when I left my key fob thingy at home and went riding.

Moreover, and I don't know how the system does it. My bike is generally parked underground and yet the tracker reports on its position and status.

As an aside the alarm sound from the bike (2021 R1250 GSA) is rather weak. Can the alarm be instructed or re-wired to sound the bikes main horn as well, I'm not sure I'd hear the rather pathetic squeak it emits at the moment.

Regards,

Tony

Is it not as loud as this (at 2.30)?

Thanks Yofi,

I had a very rare Jaguar E-Type years ago and the restorer attached the alarm to the airhorns. Boy when they went off you very nearly made a mess of yourself. That's the sort of thing I want for my bike.

A few months ago I came back from a brief visit to a shop to find a teenager sitting on my bike. How delicious it would have been to frighten the proverbial out of the little ahole. I'm sure it can't be rocket science to hook up my Denali Sound Bomb to the alarm.

Maybe there's someone out there who knows how to do it or knows a company who can somewhere in Europe or UK?

In the meantime thanks for the response......Tony

Back
Top Bottom