North Wales accommodation for groups

Dirty Ming

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anyone any recommendations for hotels, pubs or B&B accommodation preferably in North Wales with parking that will cater for a group of 10 to 20 adults and do a dinner, bed and breakfast deal?

Putting those filters into Booking.com gives no options other than hostels which we don't want. I've tried a search but can't find anything specific.

We can plan routes depending on where we're based but have stayed at the Neuad Arms in Llantrwyd Wells for the last few years and fancy going further north next June. They did us a deal of £100 each for 2 nights DB&B. That's the sort of budget we're looking at. Normally go Fri to Sunday.

Must be someone on here who has either organised or been on a group trip in Wales...

Group of 5 of us stayed here last month Fri-Sun.

https://www.glanaberhotel.co.uk/

Don't write this place off because it says bunkhouse on the website. It also has plenty of proper hotel rooms. In Betsw-y-Coed so lots of choices for eating but the hotel bar and food is more than good enough for a bike trip. Breakfast is superb. Big carpark out the back and lots of great roads locally to choose from.

When you say 10-20 adults, how many rooms do you need?

When you say 10-20 adults, how many rooms do you need?

This year there were 11 of us. 2 couples had doubles, 2 of us cheapskates shared a twin and the rest were singles I think.

and where does the north start? I know the Neuadd Arms as I stayed there in 2018, so know the type of slightly worn establishment you require. They did have good beer and nice food.

Do you want to be north of the A44 or actually in Snowdonia?

I was part of a party of about 30 (inc children) who stayed at Walcott Hall over new year some time ago; we did our own breakfasts and contracted a local catering company to come in each evening and feed the adults. The drive is a mile long with a pub at the front gate, didn’t get much further.

Doesn't have to be actually in Snowdonia but we would like to do some of the roads in the National Park and above and beyond.

We've done most of South and Mid Wales over the last few years so fancy a change. We're all based in Devon so don't really want more than about a 3 or 4 hour trip to get somewhere to stay. The guys just want a bar and restaurant and ideally on site parking - not worried if there's nothing else going on nearby or if it's a ghost town

Welshpool is in range, 3.5 hours from Tiverton, only a short hop over the hills to Bala, Lake Vyrnwy and on to Snowdonia.
Royal Oak https://goo.gl/maps/WF7htPeLoTun5QdHA has 20+ rooms - not stayed there but my sister lives in the town so I know the place. Private parking at the rear.

If the max group size of 6 remains in place you will need to split into smaller groups for meals anyway so best to deal direct to ensure the venue can be flexible.

I’m in Devon and have stayed at the Lion in Criccieth, the Dragon Hotel in Montgomery and the Wild Pheasant in Llangollen with groups similar/larger than yours from the Boxertrix forum, all have been very good, might be worth an extra hours travel as the ride up is pretty good, also used Baskerville Hall nr Hay on Wye but maybe not far enough north for your trip.

Al.

at a guess given that groups of 6 or more are not currently permitted, I would guess the options have been removed, if you manage to book it then it will be cancelled anyway. I was going with a group and we had a booking for 25, and this was just on a campsite, they cancelled the booking, full refund but they wont take group bookings

at a guess given that groups of 6 or more are not currently permitted, I would guess the options have been removed, if you manage to book it then it will be cancelled anyway. I was going with a group and we had a booking for 25, and this was just on a campsite, they cancelled the booking, full refund but they wont take group bookings

I organise group trips and in normal circumstances I prebook accommodation using booking.com or similar. I take a risk if we go past the free cancellation date if someone is a no show.

In the current circumstance I have changed. For a trip last week to Cumbria I made it clear where I had booked and invited people to join me but they needed to assess their personal risk re. Covid and book the accommodation themselves. One person dilly dallied and found the pub was booked out as he did not pay attention. I think this change where everyone takes individual responsibility for the financial and personal risk themselves is both reasonable and pragmatic. Whilst 3 of us booked separately, the pub was happy for us to form a group and reserved a table for us each evening to drink, dine and drink some more. They were very organised with perspex screens between tables to maximise use of space.

My mate has bought the Cross Foxes Hotel in Trawsfynned, and work is currently underway to complete a restoration.

Being a biker I have prompted him to promote the hotel for cyclists, bikers, walkers, fishermen and similar ilk. Knowing the hotel will be 'of that standard' - clean, tidy, well kept but not high end or eye watering prices. It is the local pub too, when it opens. Plenty space round the back for storage of bikes. It is a very quiet village with very nice people.

Its still under development but you may wish to look on FB at their current pages and touch base with him (Chris), say Alistair mentioned it. Certainly if your planning for next year. It will have nine bedrooms, two of which will be in a self contained flat, with kitchen, lounge, bathoom etc.

He will be employing a chef for the provision of food.

Its right in the correct place for ride outs, stunning rounds and scenery., Plenty of riding to be had just in North Wales, or peg over to the Peak District or the Lakes.

Hope this may assist.

Cheers Ali

if you head up this way then touch base, as my brother whose on here would gladly share all his riding routes on gpx for you as hes always there.

Faenol Fawr Hotel in Bodelwydan - easy access to the best roads.

Not a B&B but a great hotel for bikers, friendly and willing to do a good deal for groups.

Owners are ex bikers and performance / classic car enthusiasts.

I’ve used it a few times with pals and can’t recommend it highly enough.

I thought most of North Wales wass now in lock down with no one allowed in or out?

I organise group trips and in normal circumstances I prebook accommodation using booking.com or similar. I take a risk if we go past the free cancellation date if someone is a no show.

In the current circumstance I have changed. For a trip last week to Cumbria I made it clear where I had booked and invited people to join me but they needed to assess their personal risk re. Covid and book the accommodation themselves. One person dilly dallied and found the pub was booked out as he did not pay attention. I think this change where everyone takes individual responsibility for the financial and personal risk themselves is both reasonable and pragmatic. Whilst 3 of us booked separately, the pub was happy for us to form a group and reserved a table for us each evening to drink, dine and drink some more. They were very organised with perspex screens between tables to maximise use of space.

yeh I get all that but I dont see the relevence ????

We had a booking at a campsite, 28 people all attending separately some in campers some on bikes with tents, the booking was all made by one person. When the new rules came in re groups of six no more than two households etc the campsite cancelled the booking, they are not taking ANY bookings at all regardless for when, for any party exceeding 6 even if they are from the same family !! My point was that a lot of booking systems now will not acccept bookings for more than 6 people at a time, regardless of how far in the future the booking is.

Back
Top Bottom