The A838

Is there anything on that route at all ? I can think of possibly one place by Loch Shin but nothing else.

It may be a single track but the surface is good and visibility allows good progress, scenery is nice also.

It may be a single track but the surface is good and visibility allows good progress, scenery is nice also.

I was referring to a coffee shop not the road or the scenery ;)

I should add, it's a particular favourite of mine and has been for a good few years, right up until Udders told everyone else about it. :blast

I was referring to a coffee shop not the road or the scenery ;)

I should add, it's a particular favourite of mine and has been for a good few years, right up until Udders told everyone else about it. :blast

:thumb2:D

My wife and I just enjoyed 2 nights in Tongue - sorry on 4 wheels - via a 750 mile loop. It's a while since I saw Dunnet Head on 2 wheels.

Up via the Lecht and Lairg. Home via Cocoa Mountain, Scourie, Ullapool, Glencoe.

Fantastic autumn scenery. Roads generally quiet, BUT - how many camper vans? Gee! Hunners and hunners. Even at this time of year.

A few tourists needed the official "excuse me please pull over signal" on the single tracks.

And I laughed my socks off following a McLaren 720S once I persuaded him to leapfrog a camper van. Couldn't believe I caught him up in my Skoda bus.

Dab, dab, dab went his brake lamps. And the rear wing popped up at around 40 mph to keep him on the road when he slowed. I found it hilarious.

Small price to pay for such beautiful scenery. :bow And when this Covid shit sorts itself out next year hopefully it’ll be a lot quieter too. :thumb2

Then we can get back to Spain.....

I did 200 miles around Torridon/Kinlochewe/Gairloch yesterday and and I'd say 60-80 percent of the traffic were campers, only seen two other bikes all day.

My wife and I just enjoyed 2 nights in Tongue - sorry on 4 wheels - via a 750 mile loop. It's a while since I saw Dunnet Head on 2 wheels.

Up via the Lecht and Lairg. Home via Cocoa Mountain, Scourie, Ullapool, Glencoe.

Fantastic autumn scenery. Roads generally quiet, BUT - how many camper vans? Gee! Hunners and hunners. Even at this time of year.

A few tourists needed the official "excuse me please pull over signal" on the single tracks.

And I laughed my socks off following a McLaren 720S once I persuaded him to leapfrog a camper van. Couldn't believe I caught him up in my Skoda bus.

Dab, dab, dab went his brake lamps. And the rear wing popped up at around 40 mph to keep him on the road when he slowed. I found it hilarious.

Wasn’t our Wapping was it? :D I. Amazed one made it that far north without breaking down too. I’ve never been in one but I wouldn’t think they are best suited to the highland roads either.

Spent the weekend in Ullapool and did a wee loop taking in the A838.... 4 wheels, SUV and 367 bhp.

Awesome and some memories!

Back
Top Bottom