Lockdown Maps

daytripper!

Reaction score
Gov.Wales (etc) lists lockdown areas but you have to visit ea area on the website and drill down to see the relevant map. Am I missing something, surely if you are visiting Wales there is a single overall map somewhere with all the current lockdown areas 'coloured in'????? At the mo its a bit like being allowed to see individual pieces of a jigsaw puzzle but not being allowed to put them tog to see the overall picture :blast

We can't have it both ways.
For example, Bangor has new restrictions (large student population) and Gwynedd is a large rural county.

I shouldn't have to spell out the rest :)
So yes, it's a little complicated for some to work out where they can travel to and with logical reason. Bottom line is, put some leg work in.

the affected counties are listed here https://gov.wales/local-lockdown

You don't need to drill down as the lockdown applies to each county. Almost all are either south of the A465 Heads of the Valleys road or north of the Bala to Oswestry road. Plenty of sparsely populated areas in between with the best roads to boot.

Although, with a load of uni students, Aberystwyth and Lampeter might get added soon.

Conwy is included and Bangor is 6pm this evening so it looks up to date

fuck em

Or just ignore the lockdown bullshit and go where you want.

99% of the people I know are doing just that and none have died or contracted Covid.

They will never end the restrictions,we will have to rise up, they are drunk with power.

Or just ignore the lockdown bullshit and go where you want.

99% of the people I know are doing just that and none have died or contracted Covid.

They will never end the restrictions,we will have to rise up, they are drunk with power.

Interesting how ths gs is such a unique design and yet attracts such a diverse range of owners....
I guess it is a 'bell stats curve' with those at one end ignoring the govt advice and doing what they pls which appears to inc go anywhere / do anything and those at the opposite end ignoring the govt advice and doing what they perceive as most sensible for them and their personal circumstances and continuing to shield etc. Eg, locally a few of us are doing what we can to help a neighbour with cancer continue to shield. Her lifestyle is, in part, being dictated by fear of the go anywhere / do anything brigade ~great shame. And then of course the masses in the middle of the bell curve are the general population doing their best to comply with the latest govt guidelines and hoping said guideguide lines are based on some sort of rational logic.

it's not very up to date. As Tim says, Bangor & Conwy are included now.

Thanks, the overview map, it works well for me.
I note the date in top LH corner reads 10th Oct but obviously it is a dynamic situation so things could change rapidly by the hour. I guess you check the map at the start of the day and in the highly unlikely event you got caught visiting / passing thru a newly added lockdown area then the map becomes yr case for the defence!

Thanks, the overview map, it works well for me.
I note the date in top LH corner reads 10th Oct but obviously it is a dynamic situation so things could change rapidly by the hour. I guess you check the map at the start of the day and in the highly unlikely event you got caught visiting / passing thru a newly added lockdown area then the map becomes yr case for the defence!

Passing through areas areas has never been a problem e.g. anyone heading along the M4 or A5 to get to a ferry to Ireland will go through affected counties. Visiting is another matter.

Dyfed Powys Police were out in force yesterday,

Road block on Trecastle straight pulling people and questioning where their from,

Then moving people on from Llandovery for standing around and chatting, bikers only mind you,
they came there in the morning and started to engage with us asking us where we were from looking at plates gathering intel, they got called away before they could give us shit though.

Never saw them up at Aberystwyth seafront or in any other crowded place we went yesterday though, guess they are going after the soft targets.

Ive heard South Wales police are being cnutish and underhand as well,

Its fcuking shocking.

Cnuts.

Passing through areas areas has never been a problem e.g. anyone heading along the M4 or A5 to get to a ferry to Ireland will go through affected counties. Visiting is another matter.

That could change soon. The Welsh Government appears to be keen on a National lockdown which will let them close the border and keep the damned English out. It's always someone else's fault, apparently.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-54505436

That could change soon. The Welsh Government appears to be keen on a National lockdown which will let them close the border and keep the damned English out. It's always someone else's fault, apparently.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-54505436

it still won't close the border for those passing through Wales to get to a port for essential journeys to Ireland or for hundreds of residents to go from Welshpool to college or work in Shrewsbury (or vice versa).

Will this help..??

Attachments

• 78ddf141-d2a9-46f1-b62e-6fec7489db5a.jpg
    78ddf141-d2a9-46f1-b62e-6fec7489db5a.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 119

Back
Top Bottom