Portsoy 10 to 12 September 2021

Just a thought,

whats the arrangements for camping payment,

do we have to check in first on arrival, or pitch up and then find Margaret's Scottish equivalent?

Ian at Portsoy is nothing like Margaret (High Laning, Dent) He's amiable, affable and helpful :D:thumb

Edit ... But I couldn't give him one :D

:beerjug:

Ian at Portsoy is nothing like Margaret (High Laning, Dent) He's amiable, affable and helpful :D:thumb

Edit ... But I couldn't give him one :D

He sounds like a Yorkshire lad too.

He did ask if I could pay at the time of booking £15 per night (one person).

And I did mention UKGSER (still let me in though).

Just as long as you said you were with the UKGSER group, the folk camping are in a set off area. If not let me know and I'll add you to the camping list. Whichever way it'll work fine

I think Micky added me a while ago - just checking! Still undecided which to come on though: X Country or R80GS. :thumby:

I'm travelling up on the Thursday through N. Yorkshire moors and camping at Falkirk.
Visit the wheel and Kelpies
Then travel up through the Cairngorm on the Friday.
Nice relaxed ride up instead of blasting up in one go.

On the way back going over the forth bridge and filming it, the view is amazing.

Last time the battery died on the GoPro a mile from the bridge lol

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

I'm travelling up on the Thursday through N. Yorkshire moors and camping at Falkirk.
Visit the wheel and Kelpies
Then travel up through the Cairngorm on the Friday.
Nice relaxed ride up instead of blasting up in one go.

On the way back going over the forth bridge and filming it, the view is amazing.

Last time the battery died on the GoPro a mile from the bridge lol

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

The Wheel is in Camelon and the Kelpies are in Grangemouth (unless they've moved the boundary).

If you're riding over the Queensferry Crossing you don't get a good view of "The Forth Bridge" because there is a high edge barrier spoiling your view.

The Wheel is in Camelon and the Kelpies are in Grangemouth (unless they've moved the boundary).

If you're riding over the Queensferry Crossing you don't get a good view of "The Forth Bridge" because there is a high edge barrier spoiling your view.

Yea the 2 attractions are just 5 miles apart

I was glad of the high edge barrier on the M90 last time i went over, it was blowing a gale.... the barrier did its job of diffusing the wind.
i could see the old railway bridge (going South), but i would have preferred to go over the road bridge (A9000) to get closer, i believe its closed to normal traffic, but bikes are allowed?

Just a thought,

whats the arrangements for camping payment,

do we have to check in first on arrival, or pitch up and then find Margaret's Scottish equivalent?

As Micky said, Ian is relaxed and easy going, nothing like the young lady in Dent :augie

There's an area set aside for us so when you arrive, go the small office and check in. If there's nobody there find myself or Micky and we'll point you in the right direction. Same for campervans or phone beforehand and get your site number.
All the tents (so far) are along the seafront strip.

Just thought, how many days are we as a group booked for??

I'm not planning to leave on the Sunday, but the Monday

I was glad of the high edge barrier on the M90 last time i went over, it was blowing a gale.... the barrier did its job of diffusing the wind.
i could see the old railway bridge (going South), but i would have preferred to go over the road bridge (A9000) to get closer, i believe its closed to normal traffic, but bikes are allowed?

If that's the case then you will get a great view from the old road bridge.

https://www.theforthbridges.org/plan-your-journey/road-user-guide/access-restrictions/ But for a close up view of the rail bridge (THE Forth Bridge) I suggest you divert by South or North Queensferry and take a couple of pics.

If there's nobody there find myself or Micky and we'll point you in the right direction. Same for campervans or phone beforehand and get your site number.
All the tents (so far) are along the seafront strip.

Oh ... I'm roped in to this now eh :D

Here to help Alastair ... :thumby:

Just point somewhere if approached, no need to engage further (unless they produce a bottle :beerjug:) :thumb

Sounds good to go Kapitan ... will comply :D

Oh .... and with your permission, I've secured a supply of stickers/decals :thumby:

Much the same as the Dent ones, but with some changes. Photo when available :D

Sounds good to go Kapitan ... will comply :D

Oh .... and with your permission, I've secured a supply of stickers/decals :thumby:

Much the same as the Dent ones, but with some changes. Photo when available :D

Excellent, many thanks :thumb

I hope there’ll be a Whisky Galore :beerjug: theme Micky? Seeing as how the recent (crap) remake was made In Portsoy?

I hope there’ll be a Whisky Galore :beerjug: theme Micky? Seeing as how the recent (crap) remake was made In Portsoy?

It will certainly have the makings of an Ealing comedy.:D

PS. Just read up on the original incident. I didn't realise it was 28,000 cases of whisky that went down with the ship.
I knew it was a lot but not that much.:eek: Thankfully some of it was rescued by the locals.:)

Back
Top Bottom