Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738

Thread: Portsoy 10 to 12 September 2021

Not watching the telly Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern jock View Post
    Yup, that was one of the reasons for choosing it. And Jimmy is at home in the pub. Gives folk a long weekend if they're coming far
    It will provide interesting viewing for anyone who travels via Aviemore.
    "You can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time,
    but you cannot fool all the people all the time". Abraham Lincoln.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by brut33 View Post
    It will provide interesting viewing for anyone who travels via Aviemore.
    Yup, a night or two on the way to Portsoy then a breath of fresh air

I'm going to organise the same again for next year, 26 to 29 August, talking to the pub about a food option for the Saturday or another bbq. Campsite and hostel are reserved. Thread to follow in due course.
    If I say I'm coming how many do you think won't come...as per according to the Micky fella ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cabby View Post
    If I say I'm coming how many do you think won't come...as per according to the Micky fella ?
    Well you said you were coming and didn't say you'd changed your mind and didn't turn up so best to get it right, polite to say if not bothering

Well you said you were coming and didn't say you'd changed your mind and didn't turn up so best to get it right, polite to say if not bothering
    The fella specifically stated that he knew of at least three who would've been there had they known I wasn't going, I say that's BS.

Me not going stopped no one from attending.

The fella specifically stated that he knew of at least three who would've been there had they known I wasn't going, I say that's BS.

Me not going stopped no one from attending.
    He told the truth, a few folk didn't want to meet you.

If you say you're coming then decide not to, isn't it polite to let us know? One other lad didn't appear but he had tested positive for covid.

He told the truth, a few folk didn't want to meet you.

What !

Are we talking about grown men here ?

A few folk, who have never met me, didn't want to meet me ?

Are you fucking having me on ?? You're taking the piss right ?

What !

You manage to create a personality with your online presence, not everyone thinks you are a good lad to have a pint with. Your choice how you come across, you appear to get pleasure from annoying folk so not difficult to assume there is some of you in that persona.

You manage to create a personality with your online presence, not everyone thinks you are a good lad to have a pint with. Your choice how you come across, you appear to get pleasure from annoying folk so not difficult to assume there is some of you in that persona.
    What about the "it's only the internet" cries. Folk take themselves far too seriously on here.........

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

What !

Taking the piss is fine Stuart. All grist to the mill. Giving gratuitous offence is another matter. Think on.
    Purveyor of the finest "dreary verbal diahrrea." (sic)

No one is ever forced to "have a pint with me" but to not attend an event because there "might" be someone there who's online persona you don't like is, IMO quite fucking embarrassing, as I said earlier, for grown men.

Quote Originally Posted by Posh Pete View Post
    Taking the piss is fine Stuart. All grist to the mill. Giving gratuitous offence is another matter. Think on.
    Gratuitous offence ! "it's only the internet" cries. Folk take themselves far too seriously on here.........

Here's a funny thing, I have no idea who said individuals are, I can only ever recall having a run in with Arsey and Delboy, both of which caused me no stress whatsoever and was always left at the door.

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738