Are used prices up?

Just put in my recently sold (on here) 2020 Tenere 700, with 3400 miles
They offered just £5650
Chancers
Not remotely as competitive as We Buy Any Car

It’s tempting to put my H2 details in and see what they come up with, hopefully someone will call and I get another opportunity to be offensive :D

I have just been on to we buy any car . com and put my car in

They are offering almost £3k more than I paid for it in February

Until they see it, then it will be £10,000 less than you paid..... just like website prices for non-existant stock is below those prices for places that have stock.
eg: Dealer A advertises a unicorn for £9999, but he has none. Dealer B has unicorns advertised for £29,999 and he has 2 in stock ready for delivery. When I have no unicorns to sell mine are £9999 too, but if you actually want one, they are £29,999! A sales trick as old as the Ark to sow a seed of doubt and prevent dealer B making a sale. :thumby:

We ordered a PHEV in April, it arrived at the dealers last week, we shall collect it in September. When we ordered we were offered a predicted 14k for our PX, that offer was upped to £18,250 by the dealer this week. Now here the fun starts I got a valuation from WBAC of £19650, upon inspection they found a few small stone chips and revised the offer down to £19240 that includes a arrangement fee of £75. I then saw an advert on the tv for Motorway.co.uk who have estimated the car is now worth £20260, incredible ! I sent them pictures of the car, they will apparently offer it to 3000 car dealers tomorrow, I wonder what will happen.:)

Prices are up on bikes as well as cars. The 2017 GS TE Exec 9k I sold to the dealer at the back end of last year, and which was in as good a condition as you could find, only went up for £10,450, now dealers are asking another grand or more. I appreciate that I sold over the winter, but this is now 9 months later.

Just put in my recently sold (on here) 2020 Tenere 700, with 3400 miles
They offered just £5650
Chancers
Not remotely as competitive as We Buy Any Car

Just had a text from them

Gone from £5650 to £7000 in 48 hours

Chancers

Good news! £7,000 is your new improved offer for your YAMAHA from Webuyanybike.com.
This includes a free collection within 48h and no admin fees or charges. To accept go to webuyanybike.com/?q=a44105a39y or call 01274600224

Just had a text from them

Gone from £5650 to £7000 in 48 hours

Chancers

Good news! £7,000 is your new improved offer for your YAMAHA from Webuyanybike.com.
This includes a free collection within 48h and no admin fees or charges. To accept go to webuyanybike.com/?q=a44105a39y or call 01274600224

Standard practice on their part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

We have a F800GT Blood bike for sale, just a standard bike with markings, no blues etc fitted. Tried we buy and bike, they came back with an estimate of £3600, for a 2018 bike with under 20k on the clock - WTF. They then came back two days later with a revised offer of £5k, but that wouldl be the last chance saloon :)

We ordered a PHEV in April, it arrived at the dealers last week, we shall collect it in September. When we ordered we were offered a predicted 14k for our PX, that offer was upped to £18,250 by the dealer this week. Now here the fun starts I got a valuation from WBAC of £19650, upon inspection they found a few small stone chips and revised the offer down to £19240 that includes a arrangement fee of £75. I then saw an advert on the tv for Motorway.co.uk who have estimated the car is now worth £20260, incredible ! I sent them pictures of the car, they will apparently offer it to 3000 car dealers tomorrow, I wonder what will happen.:)

I’m tickled pink to report that Motorway.co.uk sold our car today to a Vauxhall main dealer, not for the estimated £20260 but a little more at £20527. That’s roughly £2250 more than we were offered at the dealer we purchased a new car from, and £1250 more than WBAC.
2736C958-0AA5-4D1E-B323-832F23D8EB80.jpeg

Took my Kia Sportage in for its 4yr service (14700miles) and asked out of curiosity what it’s value was. Paid 29k 4 1/2 yrs ago and they offered me £20.3k on the spot. I’d assumed the valuation wold have been around £14k.

Took my Kia Sportage in for its 4yr service (14700miles) and asked out of curiosity what it’s value was. Paid 29k 4 1/2 yrs ago and they offered me £20.3k on the spot. I’d assumed the valuation wold have been around £14k.

Blimey.

I was looking at secondhand GS’s the other day.

When I bought the last one 6 weeks ago they only had one in stock, yesterday they had 3 to choose from

But prices were pretty salty. The salesman said they had gone up 3% in the last month.

I could have bought a 19 or 20 plate but I could order a brand new one and it’d only be just over £2k more.

Just to see if prices are up for motorcycles i contacted Motorbike trader and I was offered 12k the other day for a 2021 BMW R1250 GSA Rallye, with billit pack, alarm, tracker, heated seats, bar risers, Acro Exhaust, full luggage, 6 months old 1 owner, 5k miles and its pristine.
I declined his offer.

Is this price bubble relevant to used or is it affecting new vehicles too? I'm looking at a 'new' pre-registered car (10 miles on ODO) down from £29995 to £24990. Used examples up to six years old are not very much less

The tide is turning

Car prices are settling and some stuff is dropping significantly

Webuyanycar and motorway have already reduced there valuations and many cars not selling into the trade.

Retail sales has dropped off and screen prices are dropping to generate stock turn before year end.

Time to get out and haggle a deal ... but don’t be surprised that you px isn’t worth as much as a month ago.

Back
Top Bottom