Are used prices up?

I know used car values are up....dealer friends are paying way over book at auctions trying to get good stock.

Hmmm It will be interesting to see the 2nd hand values of German made cars after no deal Brexit

Interesting ly We buy any car offered me an amount of money for mine which was only £1500 less than I paid for it over 2 years ago

I think S/H prices are on the up (for now).

Might continue if new bike imports are £1,500 more in January.

I believe that Aprilia have just knocked £4K off new Tuonos (in prep for Euro5, I guess)

I've just been doing a deal to buy a bike. There are some stonking deals out there privately. Dealers seem to be offering low trade-ins because of Winter looming and COVID (certainly for bikes over 3 years old they won't typically put in the showroom). My guess is that bikes are often luxury items and being sold because of employment risks, and winter.
Plenty out there are very good prices if you dig...FB Marketplace, Ebay etc...

I've just been doing a deal to buy a bike. There are some stonking deals out there privately. Dealers seem to be offering low trade-ins because of Winter looming and COVID (certainly for bikes over 3 years old they won't typically put in the showroom). My guess is that bikes are often luxury items and being sold because of employment risks, and winter.
Plenty out there are very good prices if you dig...FB Marketplace, Ebay etc...

You are definitely right, just got myself a good deal on a GS with high mileage and great maintenance!!

Wondering if the used moto’s on auto trader are higher than they were before COVID..

Yep, I bought my f800gsa in January 2020 , bikes the same age with more miles are going for about £600 more 15 months later

Definitely. I bought an F700GS Rallye from Park Lane, one of the last ones with delivery miles in 2018 for £5350. Bikes with 15k miles-plus 3 years later are going for more privately. I also bought a 66 plate F800GSA with 2K miles for just over £7K from Bahnstormer Alton in 2017, and again they’re now 4 years older with a lot more miles and going for more money! Nuts really - if I got rid of my F750GS now (69 plate, just under 6K miles, fully loaded) I’d be lucky to get £7K-£7.5K for it. I do look at a 1250GS occasionally but my perfectly usable and well-sorted bike plus £10K doesn’t seem very attractive, and firm used prices at dealers puts me right off a used bike :beerjug:

Was looking at used bikes, blimey they look pricey at the moment. Is it lack of supply, high price of new ones…..bit of both I guess.

Bike prices are definitely up. I just p/x'd my 800 GSA in against a Super Tenere as they gave me ridiculous money for it. I ran it for 2 years and lost about £400......!! I was going to sell privately but the deal was too good to turn down.

The sales guy said they were looking for any decent stock despite them being a Yamaha dealer as the right bike will sell quickly.

Two local Bmw dealers have called me in the last 14 days asking to buy my GS. They are so low on stock and the the bikes they get in , get sold straight away

Yup. Used prices are very high right now. Because there is a huge shortage of new stock coming to the U.K. Covid and Brexit disruption etc.

I'm working a few days in a Kawasaki/Suzuki main dealer and they are struggling to get any new bikes. Which then inflates the used market.

Got an email from my BMW dealer a couple of weeks back saying they were buying in used bikes, any brand, new purchase or not

Guess they need the turnover

Just out of curiosity I put the details of my 1150 (X reg, 46k miles) into we buy any bike last weekend and they offered me £686. I ignored it and a couple of days later I got a call telling me they could collect within 24hrs if I took the offer. I told them to forget it so the bloke laughed, said the offer was a bit low and he’d go to £750 if it was in good condition. Overall it’s in what I’d consider to be good condition and I’d sooner break it than let them put it on eBay for 2 grand more. Wankers :tosser

Just out of curiosity I put the details of my 1150 (X reg, 46k miles) into we buy any bike last weekend and they offered me £686. I ignored it and a couple of days later I got a call telling me they could collect within 24hrs if I took the offer. I told them to forget it so the bloke laughed, said the offer was a bit low and he’d go to £750 if it was in good condition. Overall it’s in what I’d consider to be good condition and I’d sooner break it than let them put it on eBay for 2 grand more. Wankers :tosser

Just put in my recently sold (on here) 2020 Tenere 700, with 3400 miles
They offered just £5650
Chancers
Not remotely as competitive as We Buy Any Car

Going by what the dealer gave me for my Pikes peak which started at £2k more than I was expecting them to start and seeing what they now have it for sale at I would say used prices are very strong currently

Going by what the dealer gave me for my Pikes peak which started at £2k more than I was expecting them to start and seeing what they now have it for sale at I would say used prices are very strong currently

I would agree
All vehicle prices are up

I would agree
All vehicle prices are up

THis will be short lived.

The outlets for used bikes when in the EU was the Republic of Ireland and the rest of Europe mainly Denmark and Holland. These outlets effectively supported prices of second hand stock. The new relationship with the EU means that it is more costly to import thus reducing the incentive for the export of vehicles. As demand softens then the laws of supply and demand takes over and prices will deflate to a more realistic level.

There is a big demand from "born again" bikers currently which also influences the prices for used. I would think that there will be an awakening within this group after 6 or 9 months when they look at a purchase in the garage not getting used and begin to offload. They will get a shock to find that they most likely owe much more that the bike is worth on the open market due to the inflated price they paid.

THis will be short lived.

The outlets for used bikes when in the EU was the Republic of Ireland and the rest of Europe mainly Denmark and Holland. These outlets effectively supported prices of second hand stock. The new relationship with the EU means that it is more costly to import thus reducing the incentive for the export of vehicles. As demand softens then the laws of supply and demand takes over and prices will deflate to a more realistic level.

There is a big demand from "born again" bikers currently which also influences the prices for used. I would think that there will be an awakening within this group after 6 or 9 months when they look at a purchase in the garage not getting used and begin to offload. They will get a shock to find that they most likely owe much more that the bike is worth on the open market due to the inflated price they paid.

I also agree with that
It’s artificial at present
I will buy a bike again when prices are more realistic

Back
Top Bottom