Fitment of Rally Raid soft luggage racks to G310GS

That is an MOT failure in UK -
By removing the rear footrests to mount the rack is a no no I'm afraid. If there is seat where a pillion can sit, there must be footrests, even though you never carry one or intend to.
I found out to my cost a couple of years ago, my Ducati didn't have pillion footrests but there was a seat for one.
Don't want anyone to get caught out by a over enthusiastic / jobs worth MOT tester.

That is an MOT failure in UK -
By removing the rear footrests to mount the rack is a no no I'm afraid. If there is seat where a pillion can sit, there must be footrests, even though you never carry one or intend to.
I found out to my cost a couple of years ago, my Ducati didn't have pillion footrests but there was a seat for one.
Don't want anyone to get caught out by a over enthusiastic / jobs worth MOT tester.

Yea, I'm aware of that. Simple 2 minute job to remove the racks (3 bolts on each one) and re-fit the pillion pegs once a year for the MOT. The most important thing is not to lose the damned things!

Yea, I'm aware of that. Simple 2 minute job to remove the racks (3 bolts on each one) and re-fit the pillion pegs once a year for the MOT. The most important thing is not to lose the damned things!

Lee actually pointed this out to me a few weeks ago so I did the swap last weekend. I was impressed I found the pegs after 3 years in a box. I did wonder what would be the case if you rocked up with a seat bag or similar strapped to the pillion seat though. They are (I believe) not allowed to remove stuff so do you have a pillion seat available at the time of test? I'll try to remember to ask next tine I'm at the garage.

Back
Top Bottom