Rubbers on the adjustable footrests

Gyp

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Rubbers on the BMW/Gilles adjustable footrests appeared badly worn...

081dcd21241632f20cdbab383194a94a.jpg

and Gilles sold me a new set which I installed yesterday...

22733c4f34c4d9d8ae0396afca6cbf4d.jpg

All good.

What I did discover though is that the originals weren't actually worn but were simply squashed through the holes.

The rubbers have a lip to stop them popping out, however as they are simply a conical shape, over time they get pushed into the holes.

If I'd not damaged them with my screwdriver getting them out, I could have simply reseated them rather needing new ones.

My life’s sum total of knowledge is now complete. Thanks for sharing.
Yes, I know it was possibly the most boring post in the history of UKGSER, but if I'd have known this before I started I'd have simply pushed them back into position.

What I did do was visit my dealer to discover that the can't supply them, failed to find them on the Gilles website, emailed Gilles, followed a link they sent me, emailed them to clarify, got clarification, ordered them (about £20), punched the originals out through the pegs, removed the pegs, inserted the new rubbers and reinstalled the pegs.

If my post saves just one other person from doing all that when a simple nudge from underneath is all that's needed then surely that's a good thing :)

E mail Gilles and tell them their bungs are shite, they need a bigger flange to stop them pushing through.

If my post saves just one other person from doing all that when a simple nudge from underneath is all that's needed.....

Indeed.

And the two ‘Spot the difference’ pictures were fun.

:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom