Norton 650SS 1967 Winter Rides

Great photographs :thumb2

I very nearly bought a Norton 650SS in 1965 when I moved from being a police cadet to a copper proper, but being a BSA man I bought a BSA A65L Lightning .... what a load of trouble that was :blast

:beerjug:

The engine in the 650 Enfield always reminds me of the egg engine in your old A65; abou the same sort of power also; a great replacment for those looking for a lightning without all the spanner issues. :beerjug:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201024-095512.jpg
    Screenshot_20201024-095512.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 286
Thanks Micky glad you enjoyed them :) Two bikes I'v not ridden yet a beeser and a 60s Triumph . :beerjug:

Been out on the daily rider Norton 650SS it's so great to be riding again on a Norton after so long with the shoulder /neck injury managed to film a bit in between downpours got well and truly drenched haha! Was nice to see the classic community spirit is still alive when a fellow Commando owner came over to ask if I was OK while filming that's what it's all about community, team work and looking out for each other.

As a few will have seen in the other thread I did get that flat tank Norton which has been amazing.

The 1967 Norton 650SS still delivering the goods as a daily rider an keeping up her long record of reliability. 4 Hard winters of riding an she still looks great.

Hope you all enjoy the piccies ^_^ as usual totally reliable and first kick starting.

Got some footage coming over the next few days with some good audio finally as I've got a Rode mic setup now which is working well.

Happy Holidays everyone just got back from my Christmas Day Classic Motorcycle ride which is a tradition of mine on the 1967 Norton 650 SS no matter the weather out on Christmas Day.
For those that like to do things your own way I salute you �� you do you!!
Had a wonderful time in pea soup fog, a thunderstorm, hailstone and loved every moment which was topped off by an awesome conversation with a couple who were out for some trail walking �� an very kindly took the first picture for me! It's moments where everyone is awesome to each other that always makes memorable times!!

Video coming later with some scenery or at leas what you could see off it. GS isn't getting a look in currently.

Well done for getting out, the 650SS looks superb. On a day when the most energetic thing I do is to decide one or two mince pies, I salute you and your thunderstorms :beerjug:

Happy Holidays everyone just got back from my Christmas Day Classic Motorcycle ride which is a tradition of mine on the 1967 Norton 650 SS no matter the weather out on Christmas Day.
For those that like to do things your own way I salute you �� you do you!!
Had a wonderful time in pea soup fog, a thunderstorm, hailstone and loved every moment which was topped off by an awesome conversation with a couple who were out for some trail walking �� an very kindly took the first picture for me! It's moments where everyone is awesome to each other that always makes memorable times!!

Video coming later with some scenery or at leas what you could see off it. GS isn't getting a look in currently.

Cat and Fiddle?

Thanks everyone happy xmas to you all yep Cat and Fiddle ran like a dream as always even in bad weather :) Should have a lil video to share tomorrow, an hopefully out on the GS this week.

Featherbed Norton. Roadholders. Girlings. Still a combination worthy of respect!

Sent from my moto e30 using Tapatalk

Totally agree Pete it's been out alot more than my Rallye over the past couple of months :)

Back
Top Bottom