Camino del Cid - North central Spain, sort of - Burgos - Alicante

Camino del Cid - North central Spain, sort of

Thank you, Kritou.

3a3223321db31c0dab4a45e7990537f1.plist

The GPX routes do seem to download well and look OK.

Here’s a sample:

3fb6bc96760c108e4dce7bf244546a99.png

It shows how much good stuff there is out there, not always on pure motorbike centric webpages. Surf about, it’s free whilst Google banks its billions.

Camino del Cid - North central Spain, sort of

Here are are all the routes, downloaded into Basecamp as tracks and hosted on Dropbox. I also took the liberty of downloading the explanatory PDF, too.

It all looks very well thought out and would make a pretty good way to get down to Alicante / Burgos.

3e9873289a41bf6f094f69939ffac301.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/746p0s6snqccs8b/camino del cid - burgos to alicante : murcia.gpx?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/js8fdotev7enxqy/camino-del-cid-route-digital-brochure-and-mappdf.pdf?dl=0

You could just ride the green line top to bottom and miss out the some or all of the circular bolt-on bits and / or or the two excursions or do the lot. Add in Michelin's Green Guide to Spain and you'd have one instant holiday, with very little effort.

I've downloaded the file and uploaded to MyRouteApp, which I generally use for planning. Is there a way to joining the route/tracks together to form one route? Thanks.

There's me thinking moderators are there to help. :blast So, the answer is to join them together in Basecamp then upload to MyRoute App.

One tip: If anyone does join the tracks together into one, be sure to get the tracks in the correct sequence or you’ll maybe end up with a real dog’s dinner of an end result. This of course will be Garmin and BaseCamp’s fault, as it is shite. When joining tracks up in BaseCamp on a Mac, you see a cautionary message to check the sequence. Whether you see the same thing on a PC, I have no idea. I mention this as the optional loops out are maybe not sequential with the A to B journey from Burgos to Alicante.

Richard, an extremely helpful moderator :augie

tracks joined and route created all in one file, as close as i can get it to Wappings tracks, they will not be in order as list, but will be in order to follow on from one another.
Overlay the route over wappings tracks to check all ok, and if it suits use it, if not dont bother simple really. link to my dropbox below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ic1836hffo72gg0/camino cid.gpx?dl=0

The Vuelta is on at the moment and some of the roads used which are in that area look excellent. Highlights ITV4 at 7.30pm.

The Vuelta is on at the moment and some of the roads used which are in that area look excellent. Highlights ITV4 at 7.30pm.

Highlights are at 7 pm, not 7.30 pm.

Although on later tomorrow, Friday, as there is rugby on earlier.

Thank you, Lee.

Good tip on watching the pedal bike racing, as you certainly get a good view of the roads and scenery that the route takes

By laying Lee’s route (red) over the top of the original track (green) you can see he’s made a very good and logical job of it.

433b08a9d74ba08ead2e01d1aaf7c107.png

As before, Lee’s version takes in everything (as intended by the route’s Spanish creators) which is great if you have the time. If though you want to just go A to B, Burgos to Alicante, you might be cursing him and me.

In short, always check any suggested route, to make sure it does what YOU want it to do.

Thank you, Lee.

Good tip on watching the pedal bike racing, as you certainly get a good view of the roads and scenery that the route takes

A related tip: follow the route of the WRC Catalunya. Fantastic twisty roads, freshly re-surfaced, and you can use the ABS skidmarks as a guide to how hard you need to brake.

As above what Richard has said, any route that is downloaded from anywhere always check it to ensure its taking you the way you want to go, no nasty surprises to be had that way.

Check out the T-704 between Vilaplana and l'Albiol on Google maps street view.

If you're going through L'Albiol it's a cracking road all the way to Selva
Alternatively the T-704 to Prades is another cracker
Actually, it's difficult to find a bad road in the area. Which is probably why the rally uses a lot of them ;)

Back
Top Bottom