The Peak Explorer

King Rat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
As nobody seems to be organising, or even discussing, anything I shall put my head above the parapet....

If it would interest folks, both local or from further afield I am happy to organise an event incorporating an explorer along the lines of the SW Spring Rally, where you get a set of questions, rough location and have to find the answer.. sort of treatsure hunt but without the cryptic bit because I can never work them out.

Aiming for about Easter sort of time, but NOT the bank holiday weekend! The place will be crawling with Emmets. :thumby:

Sounds great Simon :thumby:

D'ya mean a bit like the Photo Rally of Ireland .... take a photograph of you 'bike at a specified location. You're a professional photographer, you'd make a good judge:thumby:
More locations = more points and extra bonuses for quality originality of photograph :thumb2

:beerjug:

Sounds great Simon :thumby:

D'ya mean a bit like the Photo Rally of Ireland .... take a photograph of you 'bike at a specified location. You're a professional photographer, you'd make a good judge:thumby:
More locations = more points and extra bonuses for quality originality of photograph :thumb2

:beerjug:

I was thinking more along the lines of the South West Peninsular Spring Rally - you get a rough idea of the route so you can plan ahead of time, but you only get the detail on the day. For instance, thinking up your way a bit where you might know: on your pre route list it might say 'Hawes'.. but the actual clue might be at Buttertubs. Close enough to work out where you are going, but not enough to allow previous research! The actual clue might be: how many posts in the fence that surrounds the buttertubs?

Liking the sounds of that; although i have to say i have never done a rd rally of that sort ; but yeh ; riding with a purpose other than just riding sounds good.:thumb

Sounds good, I would definitely be interested. I would think carefully about timing though. Bear in mind that the SWP is end of March /early April and Welsh National Rally is beginning of May.

There's nothing cryptic about questions on the SWPSR or the Welsh National. Just "What's the date above the door on the village hall" type question. Unless you find that cryptic, of course. ;-)

And... SWPSR 2021 is 10th April, so please don't pick that week-end.

Or 1st May, as that's the Welsh National. :thumby:

Which part of the Peak District is Hawes in? :aidan

I think he was thinking along the lines of; Micky being a Tike and already orginiser of a bash not too far from Hawse; he was just using that area as a reply to him or summat. That's unless there's a Hawse in Edale i no nowt about.:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom