Carole Nash “The biker’s favourite insurer”

this is the policy document that applies since Jan 2020 https://carolenash.com/docs/librari...-policy-wordings_online.pdf?sfvrsn=85bb0075_2 from https://carolenash.com/about-us/insurance-policy-wordings

Look at the 2nd part of section 4 on page 6, then consult your new schedule which will list the countries and number of days you can visit them each year without paying extra

My renewal does not include the information about your fully comprehensive cover being extended into europe, I queried this point and C N did not reply, it is a bit of a moot point as after over 28 years with them I have changed to BeMoto who gave a £40 cheaper quote for their titanium cover and they do not hit you with a £45 admin fee for adding or removing a bike from your policy once it is running

Well CN further blotted their copybook in my eyes , rang them today to politely inform then that I would not be renewing with them this year and can I have proof of my no claims bonus (with them over 27 years).

They refused and say they will only provide proof of no claims after my policy expires on 23 rd March and can I recontact them then , asked if they were noting down that I am not renewing with them this year.

Reply 'no', so told them that I am not on autorenewal and am not authorising any money being taken from my account

Normally the NCB proof is on the renewal that they will probably send you any way

carole nash

I've just renewed with Carole Nash. BMW. R100. Harley dyna, Hinkley Bonny. Suzuki v-strom. £208-92. with European breakdown & protected no claims.

I was with LV last year, they wanted£385. to renew with no breakdown cover.£550 excess.
And RH insurance quoted £401-02.

Does CN provide proof of NO claims on their classic bike insurance policy.

I tried CN at the MCN/CN motorcycle show last year in London for a Multibike quote as they had a stand there. Suffice to say they didn't even come close. Not by a long margin and wouldn't budge when I showed what I was paying. I think it's just a case of 'How much money can we get out of this guy based on the bikes he owns'.
I'll stick with Bikesure. Always been top notch so far.

My renewal does not include the information about your fully comprehensive cover being extended into europe, I queried this point and C N did not reply, it is a bit of a moot point as after over 28 years with them I have changed to BeMoto who gave a £40 cheaper quote for their titanium cover and they do not hit you with a £45 admin fee for adding or removing a bike from your policy once it is running

I renewed with CN yesterday, irritation was that the new price was £55 more than last year so I called and they adjusted it down by 53. Shouldn't have to call but they'll try like any other company if you don't pay attention. They also confirmed the European cover is comprehensive for both bikes and Luke said it twice, told me to log the time and date of the call and his name just in case.

Insurance, especially a mass market very cheap product like private Motor, operates at the lowest common denominator, from all sides of the equation.

A No Claims Discount are annualised, recoded and recognised over the full 365 days of a year. In other words, its status is only known at the moment the policy expires and / or a few days after, as some claims are not reported on the day they occur. It makes perfect sense therefore that a statement of No Claims Bonus is only made at the expiry of the policy, not a week, a fortnight or or month before. Insurers and their intermediaries understand this, some others don’t.

Imagine, if you will, Mr Bikermate, shopping around one fortnight before his existing insurance expires. He gets a quote for one fortnight hence, subject to proof of NCD, as at inception. He asks his insurer / broker for proof of NCD, which logically, can only be provided as at that one moment in time..... what then happens if two days later he has a claim.... the first NCD declaration is incorrect and would need to be withdrawn or amended. How many bods would, somewhat conveniently, ‘forget’ for fear that their alternative quote would be withdrawn or increase?

I feel your pain looking at cover for mine and it feels like I live in grand theft auto

The latest scam from Carol Smash.
I tried to add a KTM 390 to my multi bike policy last week,sorry sir your broker Aviva wont insure that bike, youll need to surrender your current policy and take out a new one. So i was offered a £50 refund , less a £40 brokers fee, so i was to receive a tenner for the last six months of my policy. Jokers.
So..... i had a fella buy my 1200 GSA today and he trained it down from scotland to purchase it. So we crossed the T's and dotted the I"s , deal done, and then he went on the phone to carol smash to sort out his insurance. 3 hours later ,They did exactly the feckin same thing. Feckin jokers! Basicly mugged him of six months cover and got 28 quid refund towards another policy. Not only that he got three different quotes for the same bike from ..wait for it ....Carol Smash. 202, 240 odd ,and 360 odd.
I wont be renewing with them anymore.

The latest scam from Carol Smash.
I tried to add a KTM 390 to my multi bike policy last week,sorry sir your broker Aviva wont insure that bike, youll need to surrender your current policy and take out a new one. So i was offered a £50 refund , less a £40 brokers fee, so i was to receive a tenner for the last six months of my policy. Jokers.
So..... i had a fella buy my 1200 GSA today and he trained it down from scotland to purchase it. So we crossed the T's and dotted the I"s , deal done, and then he went on the phone to carol smash to sort out his insurance. 3 hours later ,They did exactly the feckin same thing. Feckin jokers! Basicly mugged him of six months cover and got 28 quid refund towards another policy. Not only that he got three different quotes for the same bike from ..wait for it ....Carol Smash. 202, 240 odd ,and 360 odd.
I wont be renewing with them anymore.

Careful who you choose next. The parent of CN, the Ardonagh Group, also own Bennetts, Swinton, Express, Mackenzie Hodgson, Towergate, Bishopsgate and plenty of other "white label" brands.

Careful who you choose next. The parent of CN, the Ardonagh Group, also own Bennetts, Swinton, Express, Mackenzie Hodgson, Towergate, Bishopsgate and plenty of other "white label" brands.

They divested Bennetts just recently, following instructions from the competition authorities.

Back
Top Bottom