Insurance prices!?

Bennetts more than doubled my insurance premium a few years ago so I went with Hastings direct instead. Move on a couple of renewals and Hastings put their prices up too. Last renewal back with Bennetts again. Insurers don't seem to have any consistency in what they charge. Have a look on The Bike Insurer website it's the one I tend to use...

Yes and why do they now take account of accidents in cars when you have no claims on bikes?

So you change to a newer bike that’s worth more and has more electronic bits, some of which is comparatively easy to steal, and then complain that the best insurance quote is £100 higher. Well boohoo. Get real, it’s still bloody cheap cover for a bike worth £15k.

Pepsie, try Lynbrook Insurance. Nice people on the phone, real world quotes, and they aren’t on comparison websites.

I changed bikes in August from a 2013 GSLC to a Yam tenere 700. £95 to change and cover the remaining 4 months. Fair enough I thought I was therefore expecting the renewal to be roughly 3x this amount. The renewal with Bennett's was £530:eek: so I rang them to ask if there was a genuine mistake and the price immediately came down to £350.
Hastings gave the same cover for £181.

Bennett's had also added the auto renew despite my specific request to not include it.
I guess some people fall for these tricks.

all amateurs. under a £100 for mine:D

Damn you! Just looking at a 65 plate R1200GS TE and they want £119 from me. That’s for a bike with no alarm or lock, parked on my drive in full view as no garage.

It takes me back to my first ‘big bike’ back in 1993, a CBR600FM that cost me £1300 a year TPF&T. As if by magic the insurers called the risk pretty well, it was nicked 3 months later.

Back
Top Bottom