Tuing stand for Bicycle wheels

BillN

Reaction score
Has anyone got one

any recommendations?

Hi,

is this a truing stand ?

I don't have one but the Park Tools kit I have is good quality and they have one and probably worth a look.

Hi,

is this a truing stand ?

I don't have one but the Park Tools kit I have is good quality and they have one and probably worth a look.

Yep - I think that they do 3 - from about £70 to £500

I'm looking for a recommendation for a stand under say £100, from someone who use one

I have Park Tools kit - but ir is expensive

Maybe a cycle forum. At £500 I’d be buying a new wheel or paying my local bike shop to fix it.

Having said that, it seems difficult to buy a single wheel as I’ve be trying to get a thru axle rear for my Giant Defy advanced Pro. If I wanted to spend a lot of money on a pair it would easier.

Good luck

I've built quite a few wheels using the frame or forks for trueing.

I've built quite a few wheels using the frame or forks for trueing.

This ^^ back when I used to fanny about with different spoke lacing in my yoof? including a brief go at radial (fashion over form imo) . Recently I did build some wheels from scratch so invested in a dishing tool to get me in the ball park offset for the rear (MTB-Boost) .

No need for a dishing tool. Lay the wheel on a flat surface and measure up to the rim.

I have one, and of coure it only gets very occasional use. I'm in NW if you wanted to borrow it...

An old pair of forks held upside down in a vice, with lolly pop sticks fastened on with rubber bands to track the hop and weave does the trick nicely.. it you're a bit tight like me!

Back
Top Bottom