Loch Lee/Falls of Unich.

Deleted account 220319001

Reaction score
Deep in to the Angus Glen's is Loch Lee, 15 miles doon a country road to be precise and you get to Loch Lee.

The initial plan was to ride up Mount Keen (Scotland's most easterly Munro) but having seen the weather we got as we approached a toddle...or so we thought round Loch Lee was the way to go.

Oh wait, there's a hill in the distant....feck me, motor or no motor this was a brutal climb.

89831341c641136000ec7ba4402290bc.jpg

At the start of the climb....

716892ed481dfa30cca3bce8dc359bb6.jpg

About to cross the worlds most shoogly bridge....

f621c5e15508494d05210fca85274cc9.jpg

About half way up....

c5f17916041da2d10f9af2fd53634644.jpg

Getting there.....

218d2158f933a6b2483ccb51b345e50c.jpg

Starting on the decent back down...

456ec3e75dda21f307a539c7556e6dbd.jpg

02caba6278a917bc372be46e468d2452.jpg

From there it was back down and round what looked a simple track to the Falls of Unich...then the weather closed in and blowing a hooly.

Only 13 miles later and we're back to the car, knackered....again.

Looking closely at this pic you can see the rain pishing doon...

9159a5de9167130162920be9e9d7f186.jpg

As ever with photos they don't show how fast and how big this is....

fe67d57b365e6a9f2eacc7e1f151cbb8.jpg

652dcf8a714b56e48eb661fb7f87994c.jpg

2c0ead361713e529d9fa1dab933adf12.jpg

Fantastic that Cabby, great pictures as well. Would love to ride up there.

I somehow missed this.....cheers for posting. Pics don't do the scale of the scenery justice and never show rain for what it can be.

Yay ! someone actually read it and replied, I thought, well what a waste of time posting that was :blast

Remember Stuart, you dont care........or is this the bi polar caring side :green gri :D

Cracking pictures. Did you see any red deer on your travels ? Nice bike.

Indeed I did, about half a dozen, they were near the summit of the climb, they seen me before I seen them cause they wouldn't have heard me as I was downwind, but by the time I got up there they were gone.

You know better than anyone on here that I couldn't careless what others think of me, you've seen it first hand over a number of years. :thumb

You care Stuarty Poorty, you post of stuff that boils peoples pee (often) then post lovely ones like this :green gri if you did'nt care you post the boiling pee posts all the time. :D

As an aside Mr Macintosh its a lovely (but expensive) bike, and that route looks great, ive done mount keen a few times massel, weirdly enough done a locksmith job near invermark, so took the rest of the day aff and off we wandered.

You care Stuarty Poorty, you post of stuff that boils peoples pee (often) then post lovely ones like this :green gri if you did'nt care you post the boiling pee posts all the time. :D

As an aside Mr Macintosh its a lovely (but expensive) bike, and that route looks great, ive done mount keen a few times massel, weirdly enough done a locksmith job near invermark, so took the rest of the day aff and off we wandered.

You seem a little mixed up, quite possibly the onset of early dementia, one is pushing on a tad.

Do I care that some random people, who I couldn't careless about and mean nothing to me, lob abuse at me and call me whatever they're current choice of expletive at that time is, no.

In regards this topic, Davey B, specifically asked me to write up a thread if I go out as he'd be interested in the routes and scenery etc ;)

As for the expensive bike, absurdly expensive, way more than I had intended to spend, way more bike than I'll ever need but hey ho, it was available, it was in my size and if I didn't buy it then I'd probably have to wait anything from 3 months onwards to get one.

As for the route, twas fatboy Clarky that suggested I go there.

Walked up there from the car park, fantastic scenery. Scotland has so many lovely places, you should try biking around Blair Atholl area, again some great scenery.

Walked up there from the car park, fantastic scenery. Scotland has so many lovely places, you should try biking around Blair Atholl area, again some great scenery.

I've done up to Falls of Tarf before and to Loch Lochy (from Enouchdu side) but never the full Beinn o ghlo route but that's not really something I'd consider now at this time of year.

You seem a little mixed up, quite possibly the onset of early dementia, one is pushing on a tad.

Do I care that some random people, who I couldn't careless about and mean nothing to me, lob abuse at me and call me whatever they're current choice of expletive at that time is, no.

In regards this topic, Davey B, specifically asked me to write up a thread if I go out as he'd be interested in the routes and scenery etc ;)

Indeed, I've spent a fair few quid on most of the paper OS maps of Scotland for planning some post recovery MTB riding (Yeah, I can get an app etc...I just like to lay 3 or 4 maps out on the floor and really see where it's at) :beerjug:

Cracking Pics :okay I missed this too! I've never done the left side before, up the hill, maybe on my new bike ;)

Back
Top Bottom