Speedo fault code help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

munkee1805

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've developed a fault on my 2012 Sertao, which is that instead of going into the normal start up procedure on the dash (all lights flash, speedo whirs up and back to zero etc.) it now shows 'ABS', then some seemingly random numbers (though I can take a note if needed) and only then does it go into normal start up stuff, only with the trip meter set back to zero and the clock at 12:00 each time.

It all starts and runs fine, and is as fit as ever on the one road. It's inconvenient more than anything at the moment not to be able to tell the time and more importantly know how many miles I've done on a tank, especially when the fuel light comes on. Worst case in my mind is that the fault escalates and I end up parked by the side of the road at some point.

I did read on a thread somewhere about a similar problem which was traced back to a damp fuse box, which on inspection I have (it was wet inside the fuse box lid and the fuses have white powdery oxidisation).

Has anyone dealt with this issue previously and could advise how to get it all reset and working again please? I've tried flushing the fuse box through with GT85 to disperse water, thoroughly dried it through with compressed air, cleaned all the fuses up and checked each one to make sure none have blown. I even tried disconnecting the battery for a while to see if it would force a reset or something (bit random but did no harm to try!), but nothing has done the job as yet :nenau

Cheers,

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom