Gran Canaria bike tours

Coolcarbon

Elsewhere....
Reaction score
Had a day out with the above company and will be having another tomorrow...

Non stop twisties and hairpins all day long...a workout for sure. I wuz knackered by the end of it but well worth it...

If you get the chance to go there, look them up...

https://www.canarymotorcycletours.com/

Martin and Joy own the company and Jose works for them.

Jose rides a 1200 GS which has 380,000 kms on the clock, not a misprint, Three Hundred and Eighty Thousand kms....:eek: He must live on the bloody thing!...:thumb

:thumb

What a great place to ride a bike - I had a spin out there back in January on a rented 800GS and it was superb.

Can't wait to go back and do it again!

ps any more pictures?

i was looking do this (but didnt know about this lot) this week but had done me back in and didnt fancy 4 hours on a plane

will look at them in 21 i think for a sneaky weekend away :D

Looks like the hire bikes are Honda nc750 (S or X?) so presumably this is the outfit TMF did a report on. I read somewhere that uk visitors to canary islands do not have to quarantine, hmmm, wonder if they are open over xmas, tho I'd want a fullhazmat for the 4h flight!

I fancy this too, but my missus wasn't too enamoured with Tenerife when we went in March, even up on Mt Teide, and she said Gran Canaria looked the same when she saw Henry Cole's show :(

I fancy this too, but my missus wasn't too enamoured with Tenerife when we went in March, even up on Mt Teide, and she said Gran Canaria looked the same when she saw Henry Cole's show :(

I've only been to Gran C so have no personal experience of the other islands. Having spoken with many that have visited a few others including the owners of this company, they do inclusive tours to the other islands too, they all seem to claim that each island is indeed different so she may well be pleasantly surprised...

About 20 years ago we had a ‘lads’ trip to Gran Canaria and 4 of us hired Yamaha XT350s for 2 days and had an absolute riot touring the island wearing shorts and T shirts but the obvious downside was the sunburn on the parts left uncovered :blast

A childish high point was the inevitable use of kill switch backfires to do hits on drunken pedestrians and we had quite a few diving back into bars thinking they were coming under fire :D

I've never done an organised bike tour but always hire a bike in the Canary's. Lanzarote is a personal favourite but they are all great. I've always found the locals to be very accommodating to visitor driving/riding over there with the exception of tailgating, but tailgating appears to be the norm. Los Volcanes National Park is amazing to ride through, full on Martian landscape. I was due to do an off road day on Fuerteventura just as the lockdown kicked in. :blast Spent a week in a hotel room rather than out on a bike. I can't wait to get back out there.

I've used these chaps on Gran Canaria http://www.motoandbike.com/
Had a brand new SV650 on hire for five days.

The roads out there are fantastic, once you've got away from the big tourist towns.
The centre of the island is like a cross between Austrian Alps hairpins & twisties, and US Grand Canyon style
valleys and views.

All riding gear can be provided, but I took along my own Helmet, gloves, jacket etc , plus a gps,
although a google-mapped phone is probably sufficient. (It is an island after all, finding your way back to your hotel
means just following the coast round )

Must admit, if I was single, I'd look to jump on a cheapy flight from Gatwick whenever I might have a week spare ;)

I've used these chaps on Gran Canaria http://www.motoandbike.com/
Had a brand new SV650 on hire for five days.

The roads out there are fantastic, once you've got away from the big tourist towns.
The centre of the island is like a cross between Austrian Alps hairpins & twisties, and US Grand Canyon style
valleys and views.

All riding gear can be provided, but I took along my own Helmet, gloves, jacket etc , plus a gps,
although a google-mapped phone is probably sufficient. (It is an island after all, finding your way back to your hotel
means just following the coast round )

Must admit, if I was single, I'd look to jump on a cheapy flight from Gatwick whenever I might have a week spare ;)

How many days riding did you do ? And did you return to base each day or stay in different parts.

i should be there next Tuesday:blast

Hoping to go later in the year. Good Comms and for the money it is good value.
Same base and 5 days riding with a day off to relax:D

How many days riding did you do ? And did you return to base each day or stay in different parts.

Ah sorrry, only just noticed your question.
I stayed at Hotel Riu Gran Canaria, Maspalomas. got a taxi up to town to collect bike on day 1, then had five days of
trundling round the island, returning to Hotel each day. I was amazed at the fantastic scenery, and the combination of superb road grip and temperatures
had me discovering lean angles that would be most unwise in the UK. Loved it ! :D

Back
Top Bottom