Seized Oil Filter R1200RT (2007)

I agree the brushes are not stuck as the tests can be performed. (That is why this is so frustrating)

So I clear the two fault codes.

Fault Codes : 2

24048 : Pump motor defective
Currently present : YES

24049 : Power Supply to Pump motor faulty
Currently present : YES

Start the bike, no brake failure light....head 20m up the road without touching the brakes...brake failure light comes on and back to the same to fault codes.

Note I did replace the front brake master cylinder, see earlier posts.

Um could this ABS problem be anything to do with a doggy neutral light switch?...its just a thought as everything else seems OK. Not sure how easy it is to get to that and clean it.

Um could this ABS problem be anything to do with a doggy neutral light switch?...its just a thought as everything else seems OK. Not sure how easy it is to get to that and clean it.

Don;t bother its a totally variable rheostat thing not like an 1150

But do Check for water in the switch connector on both the loom and the switch

(Did you powerwash the lower part of the bike)

Nothing further done on the bike yet, work as got in the way and it's freezing in the garage.

Had to SORN the bike at Brake failure was MOT Failure, so now I have time to take it apart starting with the neutral switch then try and do some back probing to find the problem with the ABS. I don't have a problem with taking it out and looking at the brushes but as it runs when you actuate the pump etc. it probably another electrical fault.

Power wash? - It's not even seen a bucket of water this season just the usual rain!

i have the same problem. 2007 R1200RT

filter seized on. oil filter tool now broken

what an utter arse-ache.

of course on a jap bike you could just stick a screwdriver through it, or use a "chain" type removal tool. but oh no, BMW have to recess their fucking oil filters.

some oil filter tools are made from two pieces riveted together. they break. see pic

the garage used a similar tool but it was made from one piece of metal, and they had a much longer socket tool bar thingy

hence if anyone knows where to source a proper "one piece" oil filter removal tell, please post it here

all the ones on ebay seem to be the "two piece" type.

Attachments

• IMG_20210309_101344.jpg
    IMG_20210309_101344.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 125
some oil filter tools are made from two pieces riveted together. they break. see pic

the garage used a similar tool but it was made from one piece of metal, and they had a much longer socket tool bar thingy

hence if anyone knows where to source a proper "one piece" oil filter removal tell, please post it here

all the ones on ebay seem to be the "two piece" type.

Easy enough to drill out the spot welds and bolt it back together. It would be stronger than when it was new.

>Easy enough to drill out the spot welds and bolt it back together. It would be stronger than when it was new.

the trouble with that is the screwheads will protrude into the "inside" of the cup, and hence the filter then will not fit around the filter well enough

>Easy enough to drill out the spot welds and bolt it back together. It would be stronger than when it was new.

the trouble with that is the screwheads will protrude into the "inside" of the cup, and hence the filter then will not fit around the filter well enough

Some flange head Allen bolts with the nuts on the outside would work I think. The head is only about 3mm thick. The threaded portion with nut wouldn't be a problem on the outside.

I had the same issue on my R1200RT! I managed to get an oil filter removal tool (the kind that had a material strap) over the filter, but it was not easy!

Back
Top Bottom