Yamaha RD250B

Seawolf

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
As I struck lucky on e-Bay last weekend, today was a New Bike Day and like many before me, I've bought my first motorbike again, a 1976 Yamaha RD250B.

A big shout out to Chris at Central Bike Movers. It was collected and safely delivered over 100 miles within 3 hours. A great service and very competitive price as well.

Attachments

• RD250B - 05 Nov 2020 1.jpg
    RD250B - 05 Nov 2020 1.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 761
Sweet looking bike Sir. Health to enjoy.

Well done ;) My first proper bike too in same colour a P reg back in 1977 :cool:

Lovely, I will probably be able hear you riding as I am in South Glos too.

Great bike , wrong time of year to ride it though.

Top suggestion get yourself over here

https://www.aircooledrdclub.com/

there are sub sections for the various models and its full of really enthusiastic folk who dont behave like nerds that really helped me out when I had Chris Tunners old RD200DX

Steve

I had it's slightly older brother, a 1973 Yamaha RD 250 A - my first proper bike.

I can still remember EXACTLY where I was when I first fully understood the word 'powerband'....:eek:

Lovely bike there...Enjoy....:thumb2

Beautiful bike!
My old RD350b, which I loved.....sorry about the top box :D

Attachments

• Scan10012.JPG
    Scan10012.JPG
    175.9 KB · Views: 538
Beautiful bike!

They were great bikes; remember a trip to the BMF at Donnington on the back of my mates after my B,astard; S, topped, A, gain; refused to play ball; bloody quick even with 2 young racing snakes on.:beerjug:

Great bike , wrong time of year to ride it though.

Top suggestion get yourself over here

https://www.aircooledrdclub.com/

there are sub sections for the various models and its full of really enthusiastic folk who dont behave like nerds that really helped me out when I had Chris Tunners old RD200DX

Steve

Thanks Steve, top tip. I paid the £15 membership and got it back though a discount on a Footman James insurance policy for classic bikes.

Beautiful bike!

I had a top box too. I also had crash bars which I took off before I sold it in 1979. They've been hanging up in the same workshop ever since and once they've been re-chromed they can be fitted again :)

Never apologise for a 70s bike picture with a top box, in fact I thought it was compulsory��

Well no top box but cheap craven panniers, plus the Beverley Hill Billies luggage system. Full camping gear on board.
1977 Z1000, on our way to I.OW. 1981.

Attachments

• EEBFA030-16AF-4017-966B-19E0D37E53D2.jpg
    EEBFA030-16AF-4017-966B-19E0D37E53D2.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 389
Mine was red. Similar top box.

Almost got spat off the back when I cracked open the throttle on my way home after collecting bike. My first 2 stroke :)

Ha ha yes the power band was great fun :D

Back
Top Bottom