Luxembourg - Esch-sur-Sere / Clervaux / Vianden..... and more

I was much more interested in the stripper

attachment.php

:D

:beerjug:

:hide

thanks for info and routes Wapping, I love it round Vianden so will add these routes into my Nav for when Im there next year ( fingers crossed )

We stopped in Esche sur Sure for a coffee on a jaunt from Vianden, this week.

The hotel (and all the others in Belgium, Luxembourg and France, along with all the restaurants and cafes) are all functioning near enough normally, despite Covid still being about. October is a good month to go, if you are maybe lucky with the weather. We had two and half days of very good weather, to ride out to Vianden and ride around in once there. Then a day and half of rain, to return in. But that’s life, sometimes.

Vianden and surrounding area / roads are great, easily do-able in a long weekend for many folk, I blast to the tunnel in @2hours, then blast 2 hours on Motorways before peeling off for a nice run the rest of the way, 2 full days to explore and enjoy the area and then a fast blast back home....

...roll on spring / summer 2022!

Also an area we travel to regularly especially for long weekends but tend to stay over the border in Germany as the prices are a bit lower.
Recommend the hotel Im Goldener Grund in Koerperich. Just over the border from Vianden. https://im-goldenen-grund.de/en/ .......but i think I've plugged this place in previous posts.

Thank you for the reminder about the Goldener Grund, only a couple of minutes down the road from Vianden.

I recently re-booked a few nights in Esche-sur-Sure for 2022 as part of a 2 week trip taking in Spa Francorchamps classic racing.

I’ve missed my 2 Covid years without a Euro trip.

Roll on summer.

I did hit Esche-sur-Sure in 2022 and here I am in Vianden in the recommended Heintz hotel.
Not right now, they don’t feed you so this is the terrace at Petry hotel.

Enjoyed weekend at Spa Francorchamp classic racing.
Never saw a grid of 50+ racers from 50s to 80s.
Group C cars were stunning. Great to be up close.
And I did stroll round the 7km circuit.

Have lifted a few loops from here and elsewhere and enjoyed more hairpins than I expected in a lovely sunny day.
Met and had showers through Netherlands and Germany last week.

More fun to come in the next couple of days before Harz.
Then up north for tanks and submarine.

Swung by Bastogne Barracks this morning but it’s a building site. Major revamp.
But I had read parts are open. I’ll get there one day.

My first trip with an XT and so far it’s behaving and hasn’t fallen off.
But it seems choked and slow when querying Tracks.

Oh, I met Zak Brown at Spa when his conked out Capri left him stranded.

And maybe this site upgrade will load pictures the original way up. Fuckin’ nonsense.

9f2069755cb39b0826f03d4c8dc3669f.jpg

48307650583d1ec3d8766bcaa1494384.jpg

563e0866dba7328fd260fec458e1666c.jpg

c2b9e4432c04b5ba1a3d4fb54d02763a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom