Small secure metal tail pack box for 2020 ATAS

Jeremy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I don't need a top box. A small secure metal box for daily gubbins would be useful mounted either to the rear rack or passenger seat. Any ideas?

Jeremy

I use one of these (not metal I know!), just clip-on-and-off when needed and carry as a man bag :)
held_luggage_rear-bag_iconic-evo_black.jpg

£47 here https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/274769

Great for map, water, sat-nav (when off bike), small compressor and a stop'n'Go puncture kit, and a spare pair of gloves etc... Use it for day-trip when panniers and top-box not needed...

I put one of these (second hand off fleabay) on one of my bikes as a small box as didn't want to ride with a large top box

Explorer Case 3317.

Similar to Pelicases

There's plenty out there, juts a thought.

Ali

I put one of these (second hand off fleabay) on one of my bikes as a small box as didn't want to ride with a large top box

Explorer Case 3317.

Similar to Pelicases

There's plenty out there, juts a thought.

Ali

Thanks for that. Do you have any pictures of how you attached it?

Thanks for that. Do you have any pictures of how you attached it?

Hi, I cut four slots in the bottom and thread a couple ratchet straps, through the slots and then through the rear rack, and then tightened them leaving the strap heads inside the box.

As I wanted the box to be easily removable and wasn't that fussed about massive space inside the box.

guess you could drill some holes and use U bolts with the nuts again on the inside.

Hope that makes sense.

cheers Ali

Back
Top Bottom