New X-ADV

Martin thats true mate and looking at the KTM The X-adv is bloody expensive no doubt
the one thing im glad of is that no one has said anything about the shitty colour my initial thoughts was to get it then have it painted or wrapped straight away bit I think the colour is growing on me (well a little bit)
ill wait till its here to see if its nice or just like an old mans volvo estate, of which I also have but its not an old mans car by any measure LOL

there are a lot better bikes out there for sure and much better value but I had one and now the DCT and other bits have been updated I thought what the fcuk just do it !!
Ive just traded the R9T and the 2020 X-Adv for the new X-Adv and got £5k back in the deal, sold a Mercedes E63, my Van, megane estate, and my V85TT so all im left with now is

the new X-adv (hopefully will be my go to bike for ease of use)
GT3RS (My Sunday Car)
Volvo V90 R Design Pro (My Everyday car)
My Hayabusa Turbo Custom jobbie (My taking to shows bike had it for 15 years)
1250 GS Rallye (My go off with the mrs touring bike)
And my 2005 R1150GS Adv SE which now has a massive 3k miles on it (My Look in the garage and smile bike, had that for 15 years also)

thats it im skint now !!

I don’t blame you at all.
My T-Max wasn’t cheap but was bloody brilliant.

sounds like you've got all bases covered:D. ...post a pic of the porker Rob

Sorry JB I did reply but no idea what happened ??
It was ok but in all honesty a bit Bland and never sounded like it was going to start lol it did everytime but didnt sound like it was going to !!

The X-Adv arrived yesterday and the colour was better in the flesh than I remembered
I rode it to the bottom of the road and back, put it in the garage and started fitting the bits, I was very happy that although I ordered Heated grips, top box rack, handguard extenders and wind deflectors Doble's fitted that lot for me for nothing, so that was a result
I fitted the
Side bars
R+G Kick plate protectors
Off road foot pegs (not fitted in pics)
Yoshi Exhaust
Givi top box Mount
Alarm
BMW Nav 6
Small number plate
Then attempted to do the electronics pairing the phone to the bike and getting the music working which works seamlessly (ONLY WITH ANDROID ) not with an Iphone !!
set the miles over Kms for the trip computer blah blah it all worked so Happy bunny
I went into the user mode and played with the settings and put power on full, traction on 2, ABS on 3 and D on 2 I went out on it today for a couple of hours and on User the dearboc is line an automatic car it changer exactly as Id want it to it changes up and down perfectly and its quite quick it does get doen the road, A abd B roads its quite a weapon, motorway its got enough guts to cruise at 90 and it will change down to 5th at 100 and pull quite well from there !!
Handling is very nice and the foot position with the offroad pegs is really nice its sort of like a supermoto ish

all in all Im well happy with it and compaired to the 2020 one which is a 2017 year bike really its a lot nicer to ride you can feel the 4BHP increase in power and the gearbox is a whole lot better, the onlt dissapointment is the nav, its not really a nav as there is no directional arrows to follow on the dash, there is an arrow but it does not change the only thing youve got is spoken instructions, no real issue as ive got the nav 6 on it but the advertising blerb would lead you to beleive its more than what it is, phone functions and the ability to send a text to a contact is good,

great scooter / bike ?? really nice to ride and id say you could cover some big miles on it but as pointed out very expensive for what it is

heres a couple of piccies

Rob

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_0404.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0404.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 368
  • thumbnail_IMG_0407.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0407.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 360
  • thumbnail_IMG_0406.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0406.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 363
  • thumbnail_IMG_0410.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0410.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 366
That’s a single sandwich top box it’s new from givi lol
Nav is mounted to a Adler block onto handlers I’d had in the tool box for about 15 years, excellent bit of kit
Rob

What’s the seat height on this? I read 820. Suitable for short arses?

What’s the seat height on this? I read 820. Suitable for short arses?

I would be one of those. Have a mark 1 X-ADV. I can ride it in comfort , other than finding the seat splays my legs too much when I put a foot down first thing in the morning.
The Mark 2 has a lower ride height, which eases this problem, but more importantly, look at the pictures of where your legs will touch the seat when you wish to touch down. They have scalloped the sides to ease the problem I have.

Seat height is the same i think but the seat is shaped differently as Myke said, I had a 2020 X-Adv and this one is much easier to get your feet down im 5foot 9 but short legs 29" inseam however I di have the added bonus if 16 stone to help compress the suspension, that helps lol

Fitted the side crash bars which are the same for both models although one is £105 and the mk2s are £145 !!
Fitted top box with twin USBs
Givi Screen lip
front fogs
sorted out the tracker
alarm fitted
and sorted out the Honda road sync app that although the music is seamless and you can send texts whilst on the go the nav is pants nothing visual on the dash only an arrow facing forwards that does not change you only get spoken prompts !!
Ive got a nav 6 on it so thats not too much of a problem however ive had to name my contacts number one number two etc as it really dont pick up anything if you say something like Angela Mobile !!
Maybe they will do an update soon that makes it better but for now ill just have to remember who is number 3 LOL
good bike though im off on a 300 mile trip on it tomorrow to deliver dome R9T bits (Any excuse) so hopefully it will be a good ride !!

Rob

Rob

You did well finding one. There’s no stock anywhere.

Doble said the one I got was the last of the consignment and there was a 4 month wait, that’s why I had the beige colour, but to be honest it’s grown on me now and just had a helmet painted to match, which looks good,
I would have preferred red but beige is the new red lol
Rob

I’m not so much into the style of the X-ADV but I’ve recently changed jobs and with the short journey I do 4 times a day I can see a strong possibility of a Forza 750 appearing in my garage :cool:

Fair play to you, there are no pockets in shrouds after all.
I've had a Burgman 400 for some years now as well as my WR250 and TC GSA.
I decided a couple of months ago to change the Suzuki for something new and different and having covered some miles and spent many hours looking at all of my options finally plumped on..........
keeping the Burgman as I just can't find anything that's a better all rounder. The plan is to hopefully do a big trip on the Suzuki this year, possibly France possibly The Irish Free State.

I do rather like the look of your new bike though, health to enjoy.

Just done a trip to northern Spain and Portugal on one and they are a good little bike with fun in the corners, just made my back ace slightly so is for sale, red latest model.
Will put advert on here.

Great Bikes!!
I had one but sold it during lockdown and regret doing so.
I love reading all the negative comments, it just makes me want one more.
Little do they know.

Back
Top Bottom