New X-ADV

Like to see one in the Dakar.be good pr stunt

Like to see one in the Dakar.be good pr stunt

Renato Zocchi entered the Gibraltar Rally on one in 2019 and won. He was first in class 2 (601 - 950cc) beating a field of KTM 790's, 690's and BMW 800 GS's.
I think the Dakar would be too much for it though.

My Urban G/S is being swapped out for a 21 plate X ADV 750 on Thursday.

If truth be told, I can't bloody wait!

Will be interesting to hear about your post-purchase experiences.....and also, if you considered the ADV350 at all?

350 has several downsides:
It has an elastic band in the transmission. I have covered well over 1 million miles in vehicles with such a drive arrangement. Fell out of love with it when somehting better came along.
Also: For long runs it will be revving it's nuts off.

350 has several downsides:
It has an elastic band in the transmission. I have covered well over 1 million miles in vehicles with such a drive arrangement. Fell out of love with it when somehting better came along.
Also: For long runs it will be revving it's nuts off.

@ Myke

Well, that's a hard-earned qualification (congratulations!) and thanks for your insight.....

@ Myke

Well, that's a hard-earned qualification (congratulations!) and thanks for your insight.....

I planned to buy the 750 but went for the 350 in the end (Forza in my case but it’s the same comparison)

If it’s going to be used for touring then the 750 is certainly a better option, if it’s mainly for town work and occasional dual carriage way then the 350 is lighter, slimmer, more nimble, easier and half the price

I planned to buy the 750 but went for the 350 in the end (Forza in my case but it’s the same comparison)

If it’s going to be used for touring then the 750 is certainly a better option, if it’s mainly for town work and occasional dual carriage way then the 350 is lighter, slimmer, more nimble, easier and half the price

@ leadfarmer....thanks for your overview....all good to consider. Arsey is a BIG fan of the 350, we know...

Will be interesting to hear about your post-purchase experiences.....and also, if you considered the ADV350 at all?

Yes, it'll be an interesting first few miles. I wanted one when I first sat on them at a bike show when they came out, thought it was a brave and extremely interesting design. My mate Dennis, ex of this parish, bought one last year and I must admit to coveting it a wee bit...mine is a black one, not my first choice, but the deal was right, so be it...

Boatload off farkles arriving from AliExpress once they sober up after their New Year too.

Never considered the 350, but I agree in might be the better city machine, but thankfully I don't live in a city.

Managed a few miles today in 5 degree c temps, this thing is a hoot.

Ok, it's not that fast but it still feels quick enough, esp in sports mode. Took this about half an hour before a rear puncture. Ah bollocks!!

When I went for my first quick bimble on Thur, I reached the top of my road and went for the clutch and the front brake......which is both brakes...ended up stopping about 10ft from the junction with a sheepish creep to the line. Then later that day, blipped the throttle at the lights..luckily the brake was on. But, after about 40 odd miles mainly in traffic it's already proving itself to be exactly what I imagined. I like it.

Looking for a pair of givi panniers - anything going?

Attachments

• PSX_20230206_021822.jpg
    PSX_20230206_021822.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 258
Ive had both well all three in fact the first gen X-adv then traded that for the 2nd gen X-adv but just could not get on with the gearbox at all sold that on here after spending a load of money on it on farkles
I bought the adv-350 and really love it its quite quick albeit the 750 is a lot quicker it will sit at 75-80 all day and there really is not a lot of main stream cars that can sit with it away from the lights, if you want a ADV for touring and long trips the 750 is the one to have if you can suffer the DCT gearbox, if you want a city weapon the Adv350 is your tool

I have to say it does look nice that. One of the better looking scooters.

Ive had both well all three in fact the first gen X-adv then traded that for the 2nd gen X-adv but just could not get on with the gearbox at all sold that on here after spending a load of money on it on farkles
I bought the adv-350 and really love it its quite quick albeit the 750 is a lot quicker it will sit at 75-80 all day and there really is not a lot of main stream cars that can sit with it away from the lights, if you want a ADV for touring and long trips the 750 is the one to have if you can suffer the DCT gearbox, if you want a city weapon the Adv350 is your tool

@ Adventure Boy....Thanks to you and @deksawyer for sharing.....

Any updated news on availability out in the wider world?

@ Adventure Boy - what didn't you like about the DCT?

Although it's early days, I think it's tremendous..

D.

I'm a big fan of the DCT and it's well suited to the X-Adv. I can understand people initially not liking it but it takes time to learn how to get the best from it. it's not just the gearbox but adjusting to use all the controls takes time. The + and - paddles are great once used to them.

Word up Comrades. I've just been into Vertu Honda at Grantham and they have an X-ADV 350 in stock, in a lovely red colour. Not my cup of tea, I much prefer the Forza, but I know they're hard to find so thought someone might be interested if they want to see one in the flesh or even buy one that's there and ready to roll.

FWIW I was told it's a cancelled customer order.

how's it going on this X Adventure boy ? im asking cos I have the 350 and returned from Spain last week were I saw a lot of X 750's being ridden around , they absolutely fly from what we saw.

how's it going on this X Adventure boy ? im asking cos I have the 350 and returned from Spain last week were I saw a lot of X 750's being ridden around , they absolutely fly from what we saw.
DC - the 750 does indeed motor on. A mate has one along with a 1290 Super Duke and he's pretty much as quick on the roads on the Honda. Plus it's more comfy, cheaper to run and hilarious mixing it with the sportsbikes 😊

Reactions: DC

Back
Top Bottom