Livigno hotels

I stayed in Andermatt a few years ago - convenient for Susten, Grimsel, Furka, Oberalp and Nufenen passes. Lots of hotels in town. As mentioned above, it's not cheap.

Have also stayed in Livigno in Italy, which is sort of between Stelvio and Lake Como. Dead cheap out of skiing season, loads of hotels, and low duty on booze too. Only issue is that it's at the top of a dead end, but it's lovely scenery and great roads.

I've stayed in Livigno a couple of times and would recommend though not so sure it's that close to where the OP wants to stay.

It's not really a dead end as you can go through the tunnel which I think brings you out on the Zernez to Stelvio road, the tunnel is a toll though.

Hotel La Montanina is where I've stayed a couple of times. It's very welcoming, has underground garage (if required but I've never used it), and a restaurant. I rode in from St. Moritz and left heading south to Italy and no tunnel was involved. I believe the tunnel is to the east of the lake and heads north-east. Nice, interesting duty-free place with local br / resaurant / brewery. I must go back one day.

Alpen Village in Livigno is where I've stayed a couple of times. It's actually above the main town itself but they run a free mini bus down in to the center.

It's also on the main road in and out of the town, I'd certainly go back and the Lake is worth the trip on a lovely day was a bit shit on a shit day mind.

I love Livigno.

It’s a great place to have a day off the bike.

Nice town and great walking area, plus it’s cheap too.

Regarding routing, there are a few ways in and out, never been a drama for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hotel leAlpi....

I've stayed at Hotel Le Alpi in Livigno on a few holidays on the bike.

Owner is Maurio who speaks English and a fair few other languages... A good guy.

Underground parking with wash off facilities and tools should the need arise.

Livigno is a tax free place, so fuel is cheaper than the surrounding areas.

The road to Davos (Through the toll tunnel) is a cracker, it was voted best road ever on Top Gear at one stage.

Go over the hill (Mountain) to Stelvio is an easy run out.

Hard to find a bad road around there...

Just be aware of when you go. We tend to go late June; there's plenty snow on the tops but the passes are open... wouldn't go much earlier than late June.. we had one day (Night) with heavy snow, about 4"-5" but it was cleared and the roads were perfect by mid morning.

Livigno is an excellent base for many Alpine passes...

Roger.

Last edited:
I love Livigno.

It’s a great place to have a day off the bike.

Nice town and great walking area, plus it’s cheap too.

Regarding routing, there are a few ways in and out, never been a drama for me.

Look forward to seeing the name of the hotel(s) you recommend.

I used to go Livigno with my girlfriend (now my wife). Fantastic place for.both summer and winter break!
If you are up for a bit of a treat, hotel Concordia is very nice, a tad over average in term of price, this was back in 2009, things might have changed
I would look for a place not too far from the "high street" so you can enjoy food and drink and walk back to your hotel!

Back
Top Bottom