Kurviger - Webpage update

Wapping

Reaction score
Kurviger has been updated.

From today’s email:

The website just received a massive update with a lot of new features. Most of these new features are only available to you if you are a Kurviger Tourer. Kurviger Tourer is the name of the new subscription on Kurviger. Rest assured, the existing functionality remains available for free.

What features are included in the Kurviger Tourer Subscription?

Change the strength of avoidances
Show road closures, unpaved roads, max speed along your route
Advanced route transfer, including waypoint names and shaping points
Show all curvy route modes at once
Roundtrips up to 600 km / 372 mi
No annoying ads
Support the constant development of Kurviger
More features will be added over time (quite a few more actually) - so stay tuned :sunglasses:
How much will it cost? There is an option for 9.99€/year and an option for 2.49/month. You can cancel at any time and there is a free 7 day trial period. So give it a try! If you don’t like it, you can cancel without paying a single €.

For forum members, there is a limited early bird coupon, which gives you 30% off. The coupon is limited, so better grab one before they are gone :slight_smile:.

Coupon code: EARLYBIRDFORUM

What about the existing features of the website? You can continue to use the existing features of the website for free. There has been no change to the existing features, with one minor exception: the “Show conditionally closed” feature that was available as an experimental feature, was replaced with the paid feature “Show road closures, unpaved roads, max speed along your route”.

Some quite nice new features in it, for 9.99 a year.

4a770bdec96cb3c8a036e4ccd38be152.png

For example, you can vary the ‘strength’ of avoidances:

https://forum.kurviger.de/t/website-strength-of-avoidances-starke-der-vermeidungen/4490

I reckon we should just buy Wapping a subscription, he seems to be the one who plans most peoples routes here! Always appreciated too

I like that it can now show the various routing options the algorithms throw up, all displayed on the map at one time.

5274349da10a1e3da4238ee45a337758.png

54e6c95eeba93312fb4c84af8cfe2474.png

46db3a21efe1cf1afb12894ed2074f15.png

I have turned off the option to show the turn instructions on the route, the little golden balls. I can’t see that they add anything.

Days out function

This is not a new function but it might be helpful for bods who ask, “I will be staying in town ABC and am looking for a nice suggestion for a day out on twisty roads, no motorways”.

Here is how to do it on an iPad. I don’t have an android phone but I guess it will work much the same in the app.

1. Touch ‘Round trips’

2. Insert the name of town ABC. For this example I entered, Calais.

4. Choose the circular distance you’d like. I chose 100 miles.

3. Twiddle the direction of travel thing. In this example I chose south. This would be really useful for bods who want to avoid bad weather. If the better weather seems to be south, then twiddle the dial to south.

4. Touch ‘Generate round trip’

e8faa2ab1d603626ec07967d5eb8e2c4.png

6. It is that easy

7. Want an alternative ‘more twisty’ route? Sign up for an annual fee of ten euro and you can have them:

74e1caa66b4baa6bcdcd394b237f9edf.png

Play around. You can’t break it.

Looks good Wapping, but not much use to me at the moment as I won't be touring France in the near future :D

I've gone for the Pro version, seems a good deal. I notice there's now a Kurviger app for IOS. Previously, Kurviger seemed to work with the Scenic app, and I'm sure it still does, but does the Kurviger app in effect replace Scenic?

Edit: looks like the Kurviger app is Android, still Scenic for IOS

Did you work out how to do this?

I haven’t tried yet.

Usually the instruction videos are quite good, though I haven’t looked to see if there is one.

Free translation via the Kurviger forum:

https://forum.kurviger.de/t/website-show-route-information-closed-unpaved-toll-and-max-speed/4492/3

The blocking is always displayed in the 1st box. Only on the map and in the altitude diagram if you select the “Route information” option in the altitude diagram. A lot of other information is also stored in the route information such as unpaved roads, ferries, etc.

If you click on the icons on the map, the information about the blocking will be displayed. The displayed data are raw OSM data, here e.g. motor_vehicle: conditional = agricultural @ (Su; PH), that means that no motor vehicles other than agricultural traffic are allowed on Sundays and public holidays:

I haven’t given it a go, even now.

However, so far, so bad. Having taken the trouble to catch a ferry to Santander, with the intention of heading on to Braganca in Portugal, Kurviger insists I take the ferry back to the UK, cross the channel, drive through France and over the Pyrenees and then back to Santander, before heading off to Braganca. I can't put a picture up as Postimage is down, but I've tried it a few times now.

If I move the start point out of the ferry terminal and onto a road, then it calculates. maybe its a bug where, if you're near a ferry, kurviger would like you to get on it, even of you've only just go off it.

It's some sort of bug in Kurviger, I think. Placing a marker anywhere in the port area causes it to think you have to go on the ferry, including "queue to join" as above - but if you manually drop a marker anywhere there it fails. Move the marker onto a road, just outside the port, and it works.

Back
Top Bottom