tyre issues

ianran

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
H,i my wifes S100xr is continually losing air pressure. tyre was old so we changed it but it wasnt that.
Anyone had a tyre valve cause this? On cars I have had the alloys start to leak as they needed painting/refurbishing. Anyone needed to to do this?

Presumably the tyre fitter changed the valve when he changed the tyre? So that would tend to rule that one out. Possibly a poor bead seating, or maybe a porous alloy? One of my Freelander tyres loses pressure, similarly, it’s also had new tyres fitted.

Fitter didnt change the valve, Its one of the screw in types, not sure I have ever had that changed on either the wifes or my S1000xr in about 10 changes of tyre.

Seems that the tyre was loosing pressure so you got a new one. It’s unlikely that it’s the tyre or bead seal. I’d check the valve. Either it’s leaking or it’s where the valve seats at the rim. An old washing up bottle with a weak mixture of fairy liquid is your friend. JJH

Seems that the tyre was loosing pressure so you got a new one. It’s unlikely that it’s the tyre or bead seal. I’d check the valve. Either it’s leaking or it’s where the valve seats at the rim. An old washing up bottle with a weak mixture of fairy liquid is your friend. JJH

I think that is my next port of call for daylight tomorrow. The bikes done 39,000 miles or so, the paint had bubbled of the outside of the rim which made me wonder if anyone had had that as an issue.

I think that is my next port of call for daylight tomorrow. The bikes done 39,000 miles or so, the paint had bubbled of the outside of the rim which made me wonder if anyone had had that as an issue.

The washing up liquid should find it. JJH

So who knew, ‘twas a chuffing puncture after all, micro nail :blast

Back
Top Bottom