2021 rear indicators

Ah ok i misunderstood that part, i will have a look at a fix later

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk

A good riding friend has a Super Tenere with brake/running lights built into the rear indicators (been a Yamaha optional extra on the Super Ten for a few years!)

When I'm following him I often have great difficulty in seeing his indicators if he is braking at the same time. I hope BMs don't have the same problem.

Having said that it could be me.....I often struggle to see car indicators that are built into the rear brake light if the driver is braking and indicating

Mike

so schoolboy error sorted,no more stop lamps in the indicators just running lights at 10% intensity

for a gs rear indicators are 63231539680 fronts are 63138557204 they fit exactly as the older ones,new ones have a 4 pin plug,i ordered off ebay a couple of the chinese gs indicators to use the plugs from,so that the indicator part plugs sraight into the bikes original wiring.The runing lights\stop light section has 2 wires that on the new bikes must run through a control unit to vary voltage,as i have a can smart fitted i simply used on wire to piggy back onto denali pig tail for the b6 or b9 whatever aux brake lamp,now all works perfectly with no error messages and i can programme brightness and if req even brake lights to flash with hard braking

BMW told me for a gs rear indicators are 63239443331 fronts are 63138557188. I'm a bit confused. I'm afraid I made a mistake in the purchase. Can you provide photos of the front and rear indicators?
Thanks.

Not all 2021 models have rear running lights built into rear indicators. Mine doesn't have it. At least here in Portugal it was optional that I refused and kept my money for more beer and petrol.

Not all 2021 models have rear running lights built into rear indicators. Mine doesn't have it. At least here in Portugal it was optional that I refused and kept my money for more beer and petrol.

Can you provide photos of the front and rear indicators? Thanks.

A good riding friend has a Super Tenere with brake/running lights built into the rear indicators (been a Yamaha optional extra on the Super Ten for a few years!)

When I'm following him I often have great difficulty in seeing his indicators if he is braking at the same time. I hope BMs don't have the same problem.

Having said that it could be me.....I often struggle to see car indicators that are built into the rear brake light if the driver is braking and indicating

Mike

It’s not you I have so much trouble with car indicators it’s almost as if they are an afterthought by the designers!

Here you go:

si8WbOsuNwuQplFXx5KYvPDy4V___rK6E1o3icwsMT02KRzfqcln43TeWKGmgndxqbsZAoomAG0XFqjIakVGB1-kJGKD8jPC2J_1fZxWiY9MrPo4kZPcDbkfwJR4CHGlQ9YZL_qY5g=w2400

Szzjaxoj_FxAGNeqjN9IulzREilHz0h7ulULDCyuyv2zYhwfsJzffd2qj-rR3IEhXZ_yUEFtRqV14UkgEwxAZ2x7Ed04AoEASa2iexd75snUdu-oCKqLDHv7osKYURoxTS3fz0ow9g=w2400

so schoolboy error sorted,no more stop lamps in the indicators just running lights at 10% intensity

With the CANsmart, is there an option to turn off the stop/running light on the active side when the signals are activated?

Mike

Totally agree.

The other issue I have is with the 2021 GS is the front indicators. Whilst the outer-rimmed style, day-time amber lights look sexy, I was expecting either one side to go off altogether or else the whole of the indicator to light up on the side that is being used to indicate. Instead, one side stays on whilst the other just flashes the outer rim, rather than using the whole of the indicator. Not a great visual cue.

But they do look good as running lights :)

I've programmed both rear running lights in the indicators to go off when either indicator is on

I've programmed both rear running lights in the indicators to go off when either indicator is on

CAN controllers are a wonderful add-on :D :okay

Pretty. Is there turned on? Thanks.

When turned on. The indication is the same brightness, simply that the indicator flashes.

Attachments

• IMG_2308.jpg
    IMG_2308.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 547
Maybe it’s just me but I think the rear running lights are less visible then the larger centre light.
Now if I could have all three lit, traditional rear centre and the two indicators.... though that may look confusing - like a high level brake light that’s stuck on.

Maybe it’s just me but I think the rear running lights are less visible then the larger centre light.
Now if I could have all three lit, traditional rear centre and the two indicators.... though that may look confusing - like a high-level brake light that’s stuck on.

I actually think this is the one aspect of the design that works well! Having two running lights 'widens' the vehicle, giving it more presence, whilst the centre light coming on and the rears getting brighter when braking signifies a clear difference than just running lights.

I wish this option was available without having to fit the CANsmart, I dont think the indicator is really visible with the brake light on at the same time, this should have been the standard set up from the factory.

Back
Top Bottom