2021 rear indicators

autogs

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
can someone with a 2021 bike confirm the functions of the rear indicators? ie are the running lights amber or red and are there additional stop lamps ? thanks in advance

The rear indicators “are” the rear tail light, the actual tail light is now just an additional brake light.

They do of course flash amber when indicating mate.

They look pretty cool I have to say.

The rear indicators “are” the rear tail light, the actual tail light is now just an additional brake light.

They do of course flash amber when indicating mate.

They look pretty cool I have to say.

so brake lamps in the indicators as well?

Like the R18? Jump to 9 mins in...
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vqL7Dkyi7uQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks, just fitting a set to my 2020 and need to be sure what lights up and what doesn't!

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk

well all fitted and working good,if anyone rear ends me now they are mr magoo and i claim my 5 quid!

And brake lights as well obviously! and indicators:blast
ba442531da8a4f24c93e54cd325b904e.jpg

well all fitted and working good,if anyone rear ends me now they are mr magoo and i claim my 5 quid!
Was it just a simple retrofit? Or was there some mods to be done. Do you have the part numbers for them? I can’t find microfiche for 2021.

for a gs rear indicators are 63231539680 fronts are 63138557204 they fit exactly as the older ones,new ones have a 4 pin plug,i ordered off ebay a couple of the chinese gs indicators to use the plugs from,so that the indicator part plugs sraight into the bikes original wiring.The runing lights\stop light section has 2 wires that on the new bikes must run through a control unit to vary voltage,as i have a can smart fitted i simply used on wire to piggy back onto denali pig tail for the b6 or b9 whatever aux brake lamp,now all works perfectly with no error messages and i can programme brightness and if req even brake lights to flash with hard braking

Thanks for that, I don't have can smart so not that simple. Maybe that's my next project.

for a gs rear indicators are 63231539680 fronts are 63138557204 they fit exactly as the older ones,new ones have a 4 pin plug,i ordered off ebay a couple of the chinese gs indicators to use the plugs from,so that the indicator part plugs sraight into the bikes original wiring.The runing lights\stop light section has 2 wires that on the new bikes must run through a control unit to vary voltage,as i have a can smart fitted i simply used on wire to piggy back onto denali pig tail for the b6 or b9 whatever aux brake lamp,now all works perfectly with no error messages and i can programme brightness and if req even brake lights to flash with hard braking
I may be misunderstanding this but does this not mean that you could have both brake and indicator LEDs on at the same time within the indicator shell? Could this not reduce the visibility of the indicators especially if the brake LEDs are set to high intensity? Could have legal implications. Just a thought.

That's how the 2021 set up is as standard

I think? I was sort of hoping the promised video would appear, i did ask that question at the beginning

I think? I was sort of hoping the promised video would appear, i did ask that question at the beginning

Yep, according to Fluffmeister #2, the red LEDs in the indicators are tail lights not brake lights hence at a much lower intensity.

Back
Top Bottom