New XR coolant level

Mullabrack

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone checked the coolant level in the expansion tank on their 2020 XR yet?
I checked mine and noticed it was slightly below the minimum level. I asked the local Motorrad dealer and they assured me that as it’s more of an expansion header tank it will usually always level out around the minimum mark. Happy enough with that but just curious if anyone else noticed something similar?

Anyone checked the coolant level in the expansion tank on their 2020 XR yet?
I checked mine and noticed it was slightly below the minimum level. I asked the local Motorrad dealer and they assured me that as it’s more of an expansion header tank it will usually always level out around the minimum mark. Happy enough with that but just curious if anyone else noticed something similar?

Mines the same. Looks like you need to be a contortionist to top it up though.

Mine was also on the min markings after 900miles running. Used a long flexi filler from above the forks to top it off and still got more down the rad than in the header tank. The manuals method of filling seems a bit wishful thinking.

Apparently if you top it up it will resettle at the min mark again anyway but this is normal according to the BMW tech. I will pop the side panel off and top it up anyway and see what happens.

Apparently if you top it up it will resettle at the min mark again anyway but this is normal according to the BMW tech. I will pop the side panel off and top it up anyway and see what happens.

I'm always scared of breaking the plastic clips so am reluctant to do that. I suppose though if you don't see any leaks then all is well and then let the BMW tech do it at each service?

If the BMW tech tells me it’s normal enough then I will just keep an eye on it and leave alone. Especially when it’s not just mine thankfully!!

Checked a brand new one in the showroom today and guess what, it was at minimum level so its obviously normal enough..

Back
Top Bottom