Accommodation Recommendations Germany / Switzerland

47steve

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi All,

Planning for next year and looking for accommodation recommended for 8 (twin)in or around these areas but we are quite flexible,

Chur in Switzerland
Titisee Germany
Speyer Germany
Adenau Germany

Yes the easiest way go onto Booking.Com but i thought i would ask here to see what the general opinion was? The Forum has vast experience.
Looking at around 50 euro p/p/p/n

TA Steve:okay

Why do you want to stay at Chur ? When you have Davos and Andermatt well within distance of Chur.

Tittisee on the otherhand is lovely. :thumb2

Blaue Ecke in Adenau.

6a34df055553d1b59189d8b7ca38dfa3.jpg

Great hotel with a lovely bar and cracking food . On a nice day , sit outside with a beer and watch the GT3s etc crackle and pop as they drive past .
Stayed there many times and most go back.

What would I do?

A. I’d go to Booking.com and find a hotel, sort of in the price range, in each of the towns that had free cancellation.

B. I’d reserve each of them now. Why? As then I’d know that at least I’d had somewhere to sleep, come next August or whenever it was I planned on going.

C. I’d then use the luxury of B, to fine tune my selection at leisure. When and if I found something that looked better, I’d book it now; why wait? I might still use the luxury of the free cancellation option, if it were available. Why? Well my plans might change, right up to the last few days. But if I were comfortable that my plans were fixed, I’d go ahead and make a definite reservation, either via the search engine or by simply ringing the hotel up and booking direct with them, which is sometimes a bit cheaper.

D. Would I stay at a hotel just because it had been recommended on UKGSer? Maybe yes, maybe no. It would depend on what my own assessment of the hotel was. For example, some bods only want to stay outside of a town; useless if I want to stay in the town itself. Some bods only want to stay in ‘biker friendly’ accommodation, preferably with other bikers; some bods cannot think of anything worse. If nobody ever stayed or tried anywhere else, nobody would ever find out anything for themselves. For example, Switzerland is generally (not always) more expensive than other countries. I might increase the amount of money I wanted to spend there, if I could save save some money at some other hotel at another point of the trip. In short, it’s my holiday, not someone else’s.

I've just done exactly what the walloper has suggested, booked a room in Munich via booking dot com for June, with a free cancellation up to the day before.

Tourenhotel.de has more suggested hotels than you can shake a stick at. They cannot all be shite and will definitely fall into the oft sought, ‘biker friendly’ (digs) bods ask for.

https://www.mein-tourenhotel.de/maps.php

Play around in the map, you can’t break it.

For example, this is one near (but not in) Speyer:

https://www.mein-tourenhotel.de/de__hotel_in_waghaeusel_kirrlach

Then a tiny bit of digging around in Google on an iPad, tells you a bit more about the hotel, including that it seems to have changed its name to Hotel B&S but the picture is the same:

https://www.google.co.uk/travel/hot...0JQKhYKBwjkDxALGBQSBwjkDxALGBUYASgAWAGSAQIgAQ

Google around a bit more, using the name Hotel B&S and see if YOU like what you find.

The same website marks three hotels (near Titisee) in Lenzkirch. Lenzkirch to Titisee is 10 miles, near enough. 10 miles is not far but useless if you actually want to stay in Titisee itself, dabbling your feet in the lake.

Back
Top Bottom