New Tracer 9 and 9 GT for 2021

No but on reflection I think it was £8500.

If you actually read the article above you will see the standard bike is now a smidge over £10k.
The GT is £2k more but for that you get semi-active KYB suspension, luggage and heated grips etc.
Seems reasonable value to me.
All bikes have gone up in price.
I bet a GS wasn’t nudging £20k when you had your Tracer ?

Nice to see they have dropped the single compound Dunlop D222 tyres that came on my 2015 Tracer for some proper Bridgestone T32s. The D222 were never sold in the retail market, just fitted by Yamaha and Kawasaki on new bikes to cut corners, like printer makers supplying half filled toner cartridges.

Seems like a really good bike....but I don’t like the styling and prefer the now old ones looks.

It’s obviously personal taste but I think the new bike looks more integrated :

Old

04437b50cee13e24af909faf49b628d2.jpg

New

6d4d2941f98bc372e3eb20a1db00e867.jpg

ce41f9fcda6dc590c4b8f83452eeba41.jpg

Yamaha are making some interesting bikes at the moment
Much better than some of Honda’s offerings- which by comparison are pretty bland (AT excepted)

The nice thing about the new bike is that bright red paint...Yamaha’s range has been very dull colour wise this past few years.

Yamaha are making some interesting bikes at the moment
Much better than some of Honda’s offerings- which by comparison are pretty bland (AT excepted)

Shame the after sales service is so appalling. I had nothing but trouble with the new Tracer I bought and little support from Yamaha UK . Traded it in 1400 miles later and returned to the GS.

I think £12k for any motorcycle is fucking bonkers but we've allowed ourselves to think that it's good value.

in 1992 a Yamaha XJ900 cost nearly £5000, average salary was around £13600 - the bike costs around 37% of average salary
in 2021 the median salary is over £29,000 - the base Tracer is 31% of the median, the GT is 41%

do you not understand the concept of inflation and proportionality?

I think £12k for any motorcycle is fucking bonkers but we've allowed ourselves to think that it's good value.

Remind us how much that bicycle with a battery cost again ?

I think £20k for a motorbike is bonkers, £12k less so

£29,000 may be an average wage where you are it's certainly not where I am.

that's irrelevant - the figures show that mid range touring bikes cost pretty much the same as they cost 30 years ago when you factor in inflation.

as £29k is the median figure, half of the adult population in work will be earning that £29k or more.

Even £12k seems a fair bit compared to a few years ago.
BUT, that is pretty much fully loaded with the semi-active suspension,luggage, heated grips etc etc.

Ok, it doesn’t have a fancy TFT and other gizmos but it’s going to be at least £6k less than a similarly equipped GS.
Think I’d rather a new Tracer 9GT and a new Royal Enfield Interceptor for LESS than a new GS.
The only thing I can think of that you may need to change might be the seat.That pisses me off when all manufacturers do a comfort seat in their accessories pack for another £3-400 ish.
Just fit the fucking thing from scratch.
Bad enough on a £12k bike but even on a fully specced £20k+ GS, people need to change the seat !!

Back
Top Bottom