New Tracer 9 and 9 GT for 2021

Shame the after sales service is so appalling. I had nothing but trouble with the new Tracer I bought and little support from Yamaha UK . Traded it in 1400 miles later and returned to the GS.

That’s true enough Mike
Selling dealer was crap, local dealer was ok for servicing and a warranty issue (had a go to solve it twice)
Not where near the service level of a BMW dealer though

that's irrelevant - the figures show that mid range touring bikes cost pretty much the same as they cost 30 years ago when you factor in inflation.

as £29k is the median figure, half of the adult population in work will be earning that £29k or more.

I earn less than I did 20 years ago, regardless of covid.

That’s true enough Mike
Selling dealer was crap, local dealer was ok for servicing and a warranty issue (had a go to solve it twice)
Not where near the service level of a BMW dealer though

The Jap dealers are definitely poorer at dealing with warranty claims compared to BMW....but then, I guess they’re not that experienced compared to BMW.... :augie :green gri

Five grand, fucking insane price for a bicycle, I think £2.5k is an absurd amount for a bicycle.

Top of the range Levo is nudging 10 grand.....for a bicycle :eek::eek:

My wife’s 700 Tracer is a peach of a bike, proper fun to hook around on.

I test rode an early 900 tracer and it was great fun, but lacked the suspension to cope with the motor, I am genuinely interested in having a GT in the garage alongside the Harley.

that's irrelevant - the figures show that mid range touring bikes cost pretty much the same as they cost 30 years ago when you factor in inflation.

as £29k is the median figure, half of the adult population in work will be earning that £29k or more.

When the 1200RT came out in 2005 the base model was £12500, after I added the heated grips, radio and cruise final bill was £14500 including discount. Same spec today is £16110, grips and cruise standard and radio prep is £260 not £1300. Now if you look at some of the electric motorcycles...some serious cash.

Took a new GT out for a spin this morning.

23ab94617ad84bf22bfe74c055f58a47.jpg

f78c17e5639606559f34aa629f1f74a8.jpg

Semi active suspension etc.

Quick appraisal-

LOVED the motor.
I’ve ridden a few Tracers /900s and this is by far the best yet. The fuelling is sublime and it flies in D1 mode.
Probably the smoothest quick shifter I’ve ever used on any bike.
Screen seems good.I quite like the split clocks.

Negatives?
Brakes lack bite but the bike was very new.
Biggest negative for me is the seat seems to slope a bit, forcing you into the tank a bit.
The riding position would be spot on other than this.

Good value for what it is at £10.5k locally including hard luggage….

Quick appraisal-

LOVED the motor.
I’ve ridden a few Tracers /900s and this is by far the best yet. The fuelling is sublime and it flies in D1 mode.

Negatives?
Biggest negative for me is the seat seems to slope a bit, forcing you into the tank a bit.

Do like the split screen, is something different...

Guessing the seat (as others mentioned) could be changed to make it more comfortable

Seems a lot of bike for the money considering the current offerings and price tags!

Quick appraisal-

LOVED the motor.

Negatives?

Good review
I am sure the seat an easy fix

I do like the look of this. (Why can't fellow UKGSers take the time to remove the photos when they quote.....)

There is a mod that lifts the front of the seat, it’s a home brewed 3D printed kit for c£20. Worked for me, though the seat could still have been improved by remodelling by, for example, Sussex Motorcycles.

the split TFT reminds me of a diving mask...lolI understand the reasoning and it might work well, but just a harley Pan Am reminds me of a shark, this reminds me of a diving mask...

Buying a replacement seat is always a good idea because unless you damage it you’ll always get at least 50% of your money back if you put it on eBay when you’ve eventually sold the bike.

The downside is that you’re having to spend money on something that should have been right when it left the factory.

I still can’t warm to the bikes looks. It could be the best bike in the world, but the aesthetics leave me cold and I really don’t like the instrument cluster. It’s like they wanted to make it stand out when they didn’t need too.

I tested this bike a week ago and I am impressed. I've had 3 FJR 1300, 3 XT1200, a GSA and GS 1200 and think this bike is good value and a great bike against the heavier machines. I ride a 2019 Kawasaki Versys GTSE 1000 and would consider it as a change.

I have just traded my 2009 F800gs against a Tracer GT 9. So far I am impressed, very fast but with power throughout the revs.

The suspension is firm but the electronics seem to adjust well.

My one has the big touring screen, it is not good, but I 6'3" with a very long torso so every bike I have ever had has a terrible screen in my eyes (except the Pan 1300 I had for a while).

Coped well 2 up and neither of us are feather weights (don't tell the wife I said that!).

Only time will tell of I get on with it.

Back
Top Bottom