New Tracer 9 and 9 GT for 2021

The front looks the dogs bollocks, sure hope they've improved the suspension.

The engine is an absolute flyer and although I'm not a fan of it (the engine) I enjoyed owning mine when I had it.

They’re saying the suspension has been improved on the new model. And it’s 2kg lighter than the outgoing model, which never happens normally!

I was hoping for the new MT-10!!

It’s on the way.

5427484a15b8cb06597956ca5c24f18a.jpg

786c1063ef292ba0becadb6e41dca677.jpg

This new Tracer 9 could be a cracking bike.
Brilliant engine, more power than before,lighter.
Looks to have a good screen.
Semi-active suspension of GT should solve the previous slightly inadequate suspension that always plagued the 900.Looks good too and won’t be £20k !!
And it’s nice that fit heated grips and comfort seat as standard unlike most other manufacturers.

568d73217e8306697dee71922b8ced4c.jpg

6e4eeca2e262813060c10b6307e70082.jpg

14e857d51b1d1769fc12d10d9a38be86.jpg

I used to have a GT and it was a good bike. Fast!

There were several things that bugged me about it, the number one being the awful screen and poor TFT. This looks like these have been addressed and more besides.

I used to have a GT and it was a good bike. Fast!

There were several things that bugged me about it, the number one being the awful screen and poor TFT. This looks like these have been addressed and more besides.

I rode the early Tracer 900.
Loved the motor but didn’t like the budget suspension.
But this new GT ‘could’ be brilliant for those that don’t want 160bhp or an SOS button....

Yamaha are doing some great bikes at the mo...

Liking the look of the GT, could be an ideal bike for my planned tour next year!! Be interesting to see the price tag but will no doubt be significantly cheaper than a BMW! Otherwise still hankering for a Guzzi!

It’s certainly moving on from the original budget priced item, though maybe anything under £12k is budget these days? The £500 suspension upgrade (Hyperpro fork springs and shock)I did on my 2017 model was good value and for me it’s fine 95% of the time. For the money I’d be wanting to see better build quality as well as more toys.

I'm waiting for a new/revised Super 10, XT1200, or 1250, or 1299. A serious adventure bike, not this limp stuff, but I'm not holding my breath in the current economic climate.

I'm waiting for a new/revised Super 10, XT1200, or 1250, or 1299. A serious adventure bike, not this limp stuff, but I'm not holding my breath in the current economic climate.

I see no reason why Yamaha need to go in to that market. They created their own market with their MT series and it saved the company, add the Tracer's and the Tenere and they (Yamaha) are absolutely flying.

A serious adventure bike ? The bigger the bike the less serious the adventure undertaken by the owner , unless pottering to Starbucks with three boxes and 40000 lumens of lighting is ‘serious’ :)

New vid showing the GT.
The audio on the vid is a bit shite.
Looks an impressive bit of kit for £12119 including panniers, heated grips, quick shifter, semi-active suspension etc etc.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pfn2Qtjo7HY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And here’s MCN’s test from this week :

With 117bhp and 220 kgs, the GT has virtually the same power to weight ratio as the GS1250 with its 136bhp/249kgs.
But at £12k it looks a good buy compared to something like £18k for the GS with a similar spec.

And the 30kg weight saving will certainly be handy for us old fuckers who can feel the weight when pushing around a large bike.

Back
Top Bottom