Android phone to laptop connection problem

BikeLife45

Reaction score
Hello guys! I recently bought an HP 15-ay105nv laptop from an international e-shop. Everything seemed to work perfectly until yesterday. While I connect my android Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T mobile phone via USB cable, it's not being recognized (I think) so it is invisible on My PC folder. This problem has never happened before. Any ideas on how could I fix it, or what is the matter?

Have you enabled the phone? ie - logged into the phone (fingerprint or password)?

Is there a screen on the phone to ask if you trust the pc?

Tried a hard reset of the phone?

Have you tried another device (usb stick) to check the USB port? Tried a different USB port?

Can it connect by bluetooth?

All things to try, I would think

Was it working before? If so have you installed any additional programs? Can you try another phone to eliminate one device?

Swipe down to see alerts, is it saying phone connected in charging mode?
If it is, tap this alert and choose the option to transfer files.

Have you tried a different cable?

I tried it, it is working but not every time, sometimes the problem keeps on happening. I mean, with the same cable, the results are different every time, it may be connected, but also, it may not. Any ideas why is it happening? I understand that some cables may not support my mobile phone, but, I don't see why a cable could work only in half the uses.

Have you enabled the phone? ie - logged into the phone (fingerprint or password)?

Is there a screen on the phone to ask if you trust the pc?

Tried a hard reset of the phone?

Have you tried another device (usb stick) to check the USB port? Tried a different USB port?

Can it connect by bluetooth?

All things to try, I would think

Yes, of course I enabled my phone.

No, there is no such thing, it only asks me to chose among those three options: 1) Charging, without file transfer. 2) File transfer. 3) Photo transfer (PTP)

No, I didn't. But, I will try to hard reset it, if it is my last chance

Yes, I tried to connect other mobile phones and they are connecting properly. I tried every single USB port.

No, it can't be connected by bluetooth.

If there is no other option, or advice, I will try to hard reset my phone.

Was it working before? If so have you installed any additional programs? Can you try another phone to eliminate one device?
Yeah, the first connections were all succesful. I could do whatever I wanted to (file and photo transfer) without any problem. It started having those connection problems without any reason.

No, nothing that could change any option that affects the connection to the computer.

As I replied to Blackal, I tried to connect other mobile phones and they are connecting properly.

Swipe down to see alerts, is it saying phone connected in charging mode?
If it is, tap this alert and choose the option to transfer files.
There are three options: 1) Charging, without file transfer. 2) File transfer. 3) Photo transfer (PTP). I tried every single one, but nothing seems to change. The problem keeps on happening. The problem may be on my computer.

Guys, thank you for your interest and for your replies. I think that the problem is on my computer. Everything seems to work perfect on my mobile phone.

Maybe some other apps installed on your phone block the ability to connect to your device to your laptop. There are real spy apps that are used as phone trackers to get your data. Maybe such apps protect themselves from detecting because when you connect your phone to the laptop you can run antivirus that will detect suspicious files. Check all apps installed on your phone as well as last downloaded or updated.

As a workaround have you tried transferring the files to one of the other phones that do connect and then connecting that phone to the computer?

tom

Back
Top Bottom