Accommodation between Lake Como and Adenau?

47steve

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi ALL,

Back again for suggestion's again. We are travelling across the passes to Lake Como from Grindelwald for a few days. The issue we have is that we have 2 days (nights) to get up into Adenau.

Yes, we could do it in one day (bit of a slog) but thought we would do an easier ride up.

Can anyone suggest routes, stop off,s and accommodation en-route to break it down into a more scenic route?

TA Steve:okay

Come on, now it’s time for you to do some work, based on the hints and tips made elsewhere on UKGSer.

Lake Como to Adenau, is 500 miles, which suggests there might be several ways to go. But, in reality there are only two or three (vaguely sensible) ways, dictated by the mountains that get in the way at the start and / or what you might want to do with say, the Black Forest, or not.

Use Kurviger and ViaMichelin to suggest what they are. They look like this:

aef5bc11efd0f5ea630a0faaf505844c.png

424f50c3ddfed99906d0a5071c17b353.png

Slide your finger along the lines to about halfway. At that point find a large village / decent sized town that should (at a guess) have at least one hotel in it.

Ask TripAdvisor / Booking.Com / Google to give you hotels in the place you have selected. Each website will spit out hotels in the place (if there are any) and within say a 25 mile radius.

Pick the one or two you like and go from there, fine tuning if necessary.

Report back on what your ideas are.

Come on, now it’s time for you to do some work, based on the hints and tips made elsewhere on UKGSer.

Lake Como to Adenau, is 500 miles, which suggests there might be several ways to go. But, in reality there are only two or three (vaguely sensible) ways, dictated by the mountains that get in the way at the start and / or what you might want to do with say, the Black Forest, or not.

Use Kurviger and ViaMichelin to suggest what they are. They look like this:

aef5bc11efd0f5ea630a0faaf505844c.png

424f50c3ddfed99906d0a5071c17b353.png

Slide your finger along the lines to about halfway. At that point find a large village / decent sized town that should (at a guess) have at least one hotel in it.

Ask TripAdvisor / Booking.Com / Google to give you hotels in the place you have selected. Each website will spit out hotels in the place (if there are any) and within say a 25 mile radius.

Pick the one or two you like and go from there, fine tuning if necessary.

Report back on what your ideas are.

Hi Richard,

I have been on for the last few weeks planning. I am planning 2 trips this year with around 20 nights accommodation to plan. I have done most of them with the help from guy's off this forum.
I have picked and booked a few stays in various places but thought the in valuable amount of knowledge on here would stand me in good stead and new ideas / routes.

Thanks gain for the input.:beerjug:

The route from Como, past St Moritz, Zernez and on to the Austrian border near Landeck is a cracker. One of my favourite roads in Europe. Then ride across one of the passes into the German Alps. An overnight in Kempten would put you about half way. https://goo.gl/maps/rBgRkHErnFgNnWmN7
Not the most direct route but you will enjoy it.

Nice hotel in Kempten with underground parking and a short walk to the centre of town. https://www.trivago.co.uk/kempten-3574/hotel/hotel-peterhof-53488

Thanks Wessie:beerjug:

Excellent.

Let us know what you put together and the hotels you chose / pencil in for the two trips, start to end, please.

It would be really helpful for bods who might plan (those that make ‘plans’ at least) something similar, not least as all the destinations are popular and the likely daily journeys (500 miles over two days, for example) probably not dissimilar to what many others would do.

Thank you.

Richard

Back
Top Bottom