Help me choose.. Part 1 (no BREXIT/COVID/Vegan/Geri Halliwell content)

Nigel Thomas

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Been lurking for awhile and now have corralled the funds for one of these GSey things...

Not planning on touring just two-up bimbles through the countryside, so...

1) Oil or LC
2) Are the twincam's all LC?

Cheers (for now!)

Been lurking for awhile and now have corralled the funds for one of these GSey things...

1) Oil or LC

Cheers (for now!)

Budget ?

What would traditionally be described as a Twin Cam is not liquid cooled

The older TCs have by many on here done immense mileages and although not without their problems are certainly ( IMO)more robust than the newer faster lighter more nimble etc etc Liquid cooled bikes

I guess it depends on how much you want to spend as a newer low miles LC will feel the better bike underneath you possibly where the TC will feel solid and more agricultural

For two up bimbles, get yourself an old but well sorted airhead. It'll be worth close to what you paid for it after 5 years, maybe even more than you paid. The Honda or newer BM will be worth 50% of your cash. If that. Try a PM to Mikeyboy.

For two up bimbles, get yourself an old but well sorted airhead. It'll be worth close to what you paid for it after 5 years, maybe even more than you paid. The Honda or newer BM will be worth 50% of your cash. If that. Try a PM to Mikeyboy.

He's already got an airhead though Pete, albeit not a GS. A new AT might be worth 50% after 5 years but a used AT won't suffer that loss. That one for sale is quite expensive because its got a shedload of kit on it. A nice one with much less bling could be had for £7 and will still be worth probably £4.5 to £5k in 5 yrs time because of inflation , a new AT in 2026 will probably cost almost 25 grand so a £5k used one will be an absolute bargain :thumb

I'm not particularly keen on getting another Jap bike.

Been riding boxers since 1975 all over Southern Africa so I have a particular affinity for them.

Been riding boxers since 1975 all over Southern Africa so I have a particular affinity for them.

You tell 'em! The place is full of, "you don't want to buy one of those" twats!

As for which to own, my advice is to buy on condition for your budget. I would rather have a nicer condition but older bike than a newer bike with a ropey history.

You tell 'em! The place is full of, "you don't want to buy one of those" twats!

:D.............

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eH56UOjDQ4A" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1) Oil or LC

Cheers (for now!)

For me it would be either a nice 1150 if you can find one or a Twincam 1200 (non LC).

If someone is asking for opinions on bikes, then isn't it incumbent of those with experience to offer said opinion.

where the experience is relevant to the question posed, yes.

where the experience is relevant to the question posed, yes.

Correct , he was after all asking for opinions on GSs . I apologise unreservedly too;)

Have you considered a V85TT , quite similar to the boxer? Sorry Wessie :D

Serious question though :thumby:

Back
Top Bottom