Mash...

A copy though

As long as you change the oil regularly - as the cam runs directly in the head with no bearings and clean, fresh oil is vital to prevent head wear:blast (I change mine every 600 miles, but you can stretch it to 2000 miles max)

....and the gearbox sprocket output shaft, which will strip the splines if you fit a poorly fitting aftermarket front sprocket OR overtighten the chain and fuck it up:blast

Both known costly issues with Honda aircooled singles in XR's and others;)

Mere semantics....

Rode my mate’s yesterday whilst he rode my TNT.
It’s a lovely bike to ride.Makes nice power and sounds fantastic.
He has aftermarket exhausts which were pretty cheap.
Can’t remember the name but will ask him.

Edited to add, they are these Hitchcock Slash Cuts.

Think he paid just over £300 for the pair,and they are well made too.

Hitchcocks have been making parts for RE for a long time and are only about 20 minutes away from me. There is another company called TEC also making some lovely aftermarket stuff for REs and Triumphs.

https://www.tecbikeparts.com/

I looked at these at a salon a couple of years ago and the early ones were very poorly finished, made the Royal Enfields look like Triumphs :barf

The French owners have said that they were going to be improving quality, haven’t seen one of the 650s in the flesh yet so can’t comment

Mere semantics....

What the known engine weak point issues or frequent oil changes ?

All true though

Have you owned an air cooled Honda engined bike ?

Personally I wouldn’t buy the engine for a road bike

The Dominator was never a big seller as the engine was slow & breathless - I cannot see Mash have improved it

What the known engine weak point issues or frequent oil changes ?

All true though

Have you owned an air cooled Honda engined bike ?

Personally I wouldn’t buy the engine for a road bike

The Dominator was never a big seller as the engine was slow & breathless - I cannot see Mash have improved it

Quite a few over the years.CB 400 Four being the most memorable.And a Dominator

a2c2d0fc18c56063e6b22eb9f3edd164.jpeg

45edfec4cb3dff380437922cccc10fb3.jpg

Always liked the look of the SWM Gran Milano. They look well made and are cheap second hand now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like a lot of riders are looking for a basic bike with moderate usable power and without loads of unnecessary complicated electrical trickery. Mash looks ok but the brand suffers zero credibility and big depreciation. Enfield are doing ok but I would rather put my money down on a Yamaha SCR950 which can be had for sub £6k new and makes a decent go of scrambler styling with a proven V twin engine and Jap reliability. The bikes a bit weighty but the weight is lowdown. The SCR has to be the basic bike bargain at the moment.

I have been looking at these in Portugal and I have to say I am liking the look of them...Ideal for my new environment.

Jesus suffering fuck...:D I must be properly losing my marbles:augie

I have been doing my research into the bike I want here in Portugal for the riding I shall be doing, completely forgot about this! Thankfully they still import them and after a brief chat with the importer, who was a really funny guy, he did the right thing and pointed me in the direction of my nearest dealer, I went last week, had a chat and today I ordered the bike for delivery next week.

I had promised myself the HD Pan American, but when I looked at the specs, mostly the weight and what I will be mostly using it for, it seemed pointless, I shall have my Buell matriculated and since being here whilst I was allowed to ride/drive I was using my little SL 250 Honda more than the Buell, so it was a no brainer to get the 650 Mash...I shall be running it in off road whilst I wait for my licence:thumb2

Which one are you getting Att?
If the X-Ride 650, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on it.
Seriously tempted for pottering about on the many dirt tracks here in Cyprus.

Which one are you getting Att?
If the X-Ride 650, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on it.
Seriously tempted for pottering about on the many dirt tracks here in Cyprus.

Yeah I am getting the X-Ride 650, I caught myself trying to find out about suspension travel, then realised I am too old and outta shape to worry about that aspect, I ride like an old duffer off road and as my 250SL honda has been fine, 40 years old and original shocks etc. I reckoned the Mash would be OK too...Plus most of the off road stuff around here is graded and is probably better than the majority of tarmac roads in the UK!:D

I will come back and do a proper pensioners report on it.:D

If it’s simple you guys are after… and have £5k to spend… buy a Harley Sportster…bomb proof, simple as can be..

If after two years you want rid, get 100% of your money back…..

If it’s simple you guys are after… and have £5k to spend… buy a Harley Sportster…bomb proof, simple as can be..

If after two years you want rid, get 100% of your money back…..

After a bike built for minor roads that handles and can go off road on gravel tracks and without the "wanker" stigma that is attached to HD...It is just the same out here...Fucking sad to see really.

It’s all in peoples minds…….

As is everything, none of it is real, nothing exists and the only thing real is now.....And that fucking Owl outside my door seems pretty fucking real right now!!!:D

It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth
That you are a slave . Like everyone else you were born into bondage.

Right...Got about 300KM on it now and it is loosening up, the gearbox has always been good, but the engine felt tight, so took it for a good long blast on some straight roads! Took it up 130k speed wise, it was fine, cruised at 100 for a bit.

God this is getting boring...I can`t do a proper report, all I know is that the 17 inch front wheel makes it perfect for tight bends and I am surrounded by them, obviously the tyres are sticky, it was 24 degrees when I got up this morning, it really is perfect for what I need and a journey that takes 35 minutes in a car takes only 20 minutes on this...You can take the corners so much more quickly.

Suspension feels fine, no skipping about on the rare bump in the road, it feels planted and predictable, for only 40bhp it is actually quite good.

Seat is fine and no BMW arse syndrome...That`s it really, apart from one more thing...

It is fun, really fun as in a real hoot and makes you smile.

So it was adequate off road, but it is better on the tarmac, so much better and with the roads being so quiet here there is none of that queuing thing going on anywhere, so no filtering, just proper overtaking.

Nice to get something right when it comes to a bike, it is all I thought it would be....FUN!!!!!!!

All this reinventing of the wheel when you could seek out the few remaining G650 X-Country and have a much better bike. :nenau

All this reinventing of the wheel when you could seek out the few remaining G650 X-Country and have a much better bike. :nenau

Probably not for a reasonable price here, prices are ridiculous and I really have no love left for BMW in any form, I would rather shove wasps up my arse and the wasps here do not take any prisoners:D

This cost me in GBP 4444.00, that is fuck all for the fun I am having.

1000K and first service tomorrow...Getting looser and better, once these tyres are done, gonna get me some sticky smooth stuff, so it will be more of a super retard...Bollocks to the off road stuff, actually thinking about it if these last into the Autumn I could do some proper off road stuff, more fun when it is wet and slippery, dry and dusty doesn`t light my fire...:D

Back
Top Bottom