Mash...

Arsey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anybody here got a Mash ?
Quite a few over here, mainly 125 and 250cc but they now do a 650 making 40bhp and in a couple of styles

The Dirt Track is £4599

9e0aa6eb964cc4f1d3d0860c2a0ea474.jpg

The X-Ride is £4999

aba17ee5f9756f757f9781961b07f871.jpg

Something quite appealing about a cheap, simple 650 at a low price.

I’ve just bought my little Benelli but I can see me dabbling with such bikes in the future rather than bikes costing 4 times as much and offering radar guided cruise control and other such shite.Handy if you spend all day riding around the M25 but full all use on the Route Napoleon etc.

Anybody here got a Mash ?
Quite a few over here, mainly 125 and 250cc but they now do a 650 making 40bhp and in a couple of styles

The Dirt Track is £4599

9e0aa6eb964cc4f1d3d0860c2a0ea474.jpg

The X-Ride is £4999

aba17ee5f9756f757f9781961b07f871.jpg

Something quite appealing about a cheap, simple 650 at a low price.

I’ve just bought my little Benelli but I can see me dabbling with such bikes in the future rather than bikes costing 4 times as much and offering radar guided cruise control and other such shite.Handy if you spend all day riding around the M25 but full all use on the Route Napoleon etc.

I've had more fun on smaller cheaper bikes for a while.

Previously, I always thought the fastest and most expensive would be best but a chance ride on an old BMW 650 single changed that.

I think the problem with the big, fast and expensive bikes is that they are simply too good making them no fun at legal speeds.

Smaller lighter and less powerful bikes are more engaging and I tend to go along lanes I wouldn't use on those that are bigger, faster etc.

Nice. The simplicity appeals to me and 40bhp on what looks like a lightweight bike should make for reasonable performance.

Is the engine a tried and tested unit supplied from a big manufactureer?

No influences from an iconic 70s thumper there! A good effort though. They'll sell plenty.

I've had more fun on smaller cheaper bikes for a while.

Previously, I always thought the fastest and most expensive would be best but a chance ride on an old BMW 650 single changed that.

I think the problem with the big, fast and expensive bikes is that they are simply too good making them no fun at legal speeds.

Smaller lighter and less powerful bikes are more engaging and I tend to go along lanes I wouldn't use on those that are bigger, faster etc.
I’m 100% with this, I love riding my C125 cub round the back roads and lanes, it’s relaxing, and you get to see so much more. Had a couple of Enfield Bullets, they ooze character and thump along in a most pleasing manner. Just sold my Fantic Cab, enjoyed that but the close ratio gearbox made it a bit manic, fun but not relaxing, and the build quality, even design in some area’s was a little lacking. Like a few others I’m hoping against hope the Posties will come next year but it’s not looking likely.
This X-Ride has set me off now, hadn’t seen one before this thread. Looks great and stonking value. Been thinking about an Interceptor, everyone who has one seems to love them, but the X-Ride looks so much better, and a thumping great single based on the well proven Honda engine.
Then of course there’s the new Monkey, the Grom, the TNT etc........
These bikes are affordable, fun, far less likely to get you into trouble, take up less room in the garage, and easy to manoeuvre.
The future is here!

The X-Ride is a great looking machine, well proven engine, great price, what's not to like?

The Bill Bailey wannabe is a bit of a pain but otherwise a good review :thumb2
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fXm2m1P2-PY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I think that the RE Interceptor is now the best selling bike in the UK and it is hard not to see why. Back to basics biking, affordable, analogue clocks that are pleasing to the eye and not a massively expensive TFT screen that needs a degree in IT to figure out and is a thief magnet. No alphabet soup of intrusive electronic aids. Sales figures don't lie and I can see more manufacturers joining this bandwagon.

I will be looking to get an Interceptor next year.

I think that the RE Interceptor is now the best selling bike in the UK and it is hard not to see why. Back to basics biking, affordable, analogue clocks that are pleasing to the eye and not a massively expensive TFT screen that needs a degree in IT to figure out and is a thief magnet. No alphabet soup of intrusive electronic aids. Sales figures don't lie and I can see more manufacturers joining this bandwagon.

I will be looking to get an Interceptor next year.

Rode my mate’s yesterday whilst he rode my TNT.
It’s a lovely bike to ride.Makes nice power and sounds fantastic.
He has aftermarket exhausts which were pretty cheap.
Can’t remember the name but will ask him.

Edited to add, they are these Hitchcock Slash Cuts.

Think he paid just over £300 for the pair,and they are well made too.

That is so true. Modern bikes are fabulous things but no fun whatsoever if you're trying to hang onto your licence. Wringing the neck of a tiddler is a right laugh.

Nice. The simplicity appeals to me and 40bhp on what looks like a lightweight bike should make for reasonable performance.

Is the engine a tried and tested unit supplied from a big manufactureer?

It’s from a Honda Dominator,so pretty much tried and tested !!! Now FI rather than carbed.

It’s from a Honda Dominator, so pretty much tried and tested !!!

Now FI rather than carbed.

A copy though

As long as you change the oil regularly - as the cam runs directly in the head with no bearings and clean, fresh oil is vital to prevent head wear:blast (I change mine every 600 miles, but you can stretch it to 2000 miles max)

....and the gearbox sprocket output shaft, which will strip the splines if you fit a poorly fitting aftermarket front sprocket OR overtighten the chain and fuck it up:blast

Both known costly issues with Honda aircooled singles in XR's and others;)

Back
Top Bottom