TFT screen Anti theft brace now available

I emailed Mark and asked if they can build one for the F750 model.
Their answer was - "Of course we can, we just need to get a hold of one".

Can a 750 or 850 GSer from UK help us out please?

Cheers!!!

Will the 1250 run if the TFT screen is stolen ? I did a search but couldn't find the answer.

Oh well, maybe it was a stupid question answered many times before , or in the wrong section. Sorry for asking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh well, maybe it was a stupid question answered many times before , or in the wrong section. Sorry for asking

Not a stupid question at all, perhaps there is no response as nobody reading this forum actually knows the answer. I don't but would like to know myself.
Dave T

Just perhaps, nobody knows because nobody has experience of TFT theft ? Dare I think that this is all just scaremongering?
Sorry Mark , because I have huge respect and use one of your fab screen products.
If there really is need, then your products will be the best solution for sure .

I emailed Mark and asked if they can build one for the F750 model.
Their answer was - "Of course we can, we just need to get a hold of one".

Can a 750 or 850 GSer from UK help us out please?

Cheers!!!
750GGS dropped in with Mark today for design of the anti Theft brace for the TFT

Attachments

• C6F2F3AC-3531-4C30-B472-3FF6F6387D32.jpeg
    C6F2F3AC-3531-4C30-B472-3FF6F6387D32.jpeg
    109.5 KB · Views: 222
Will the 1250 run if the TFT screen is stolen ? I did a search but couldn't find the answer.
The people who I know have had them stolen two of them rode the bikes home no indicators though.
Here is where the screen used to be.

Attachments

• 304CF99E-0B24-496C-A903-CC13D236AB98.jpeg
    304CF99E-0B24-496C-A903-CC13D236AB98.jpeg
    98.6 KB · Views: 209
All I can say is the fit and Finnish are great and that if my £40 saves my tft from getting nicked then I am very happy great service from mark and if you ever talk to him he will go the extra mile to help
Thanks mark

Mark has finished the 750gs I dropped off for the template bike I think it was harder to manufacture than some of the others but looks top Quality.

Attachments

• E5EEF2AD-A1BC-41A0-A009-95F2533B7911.jpeg
    E5EEF2AD-A1BC-41A0-A009-95F2533B7911.jpeg
    88.7 KB · Views: 315
This brace is a fine idea and very well made. And I don't mean to be critical here.
But from watching the installation video, I can't help thinking that it only adds the removal of the 4 bolts at the sides of the brace to the theft process. :nenau

This brace is a fine idea and very well made. And I don't mean to be critical here.
But from watching the installation video, I can't help thinking that it only adds the removal of the 4 bolts at the sides of the brace to the theft process. :nenau
I agree with you but I don’t see where you are going with your statement
Bikes are inherently nickable that’s why we use a chain and lock to either deter the thriving scum or make it harder for them
Yes 4 bolts 2 plastic wings and1 wind deflector may not deter the professional criminal but I bet he will be shitting himself when he is
Trying to rip half the front off your bike and in my opinion that would take them 5-10 mins to do

Simple answer - the bolts are probably a standard size. Plenty of companies make security bolts. I’m sure they could make you one-off bolt heads that would make it very difficult for said thief to remove? Basically the same idea as the Wunderlich wheel bolt for the 1200/1250.

My point is that the security of the brace with standard bolts is weak. I rec'n I could remove the 4 bolts in less than a minute with an Alan key. The same as a lock and chain. It's no good putting the chain through a part that you can remove in 30 seconds with a standard tool.
As Matty says, some security bolts would make it that bit harder to remove.

I have installed my brace on the F850GS today after it arrived this morning - took less than 30 mins to install and feels like a good piece of kit - I am well impressed, especially as it also works with my sat-nag mount, which sits over the TFT, still in place.
It came with Torx bolts and not Alan bolts, which make it just a bit harder to remove, for the casual tea-leaf.

Dave T

Back
Top Bottom