Map update not displaying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharik

Reaction score
Having downloaded an updated Garmin map (2021.1) and transferred the required tiles by means of Garmin Express (using an iMac) on to a Montana 610, two issues have arisen.
Although the map is shown on the 610 it cannot be seen on Basecamp dropdown menu.
Having created a short test route and sent to the 610, an error message appears asking should the route to be recalculated. If “yes” is clicked another message appears informing me there are no routable roads in the area! Opting for “no” nothing happens i.e. no route is displayed.
What has gone wrong and what can I do to rectify the problem? Many thanks for your time.

I would start by re-installing the latest Garmin maps onto your iMac, making sure they are unlocked and active and go from there.

Did you remember to tick the box to download the map update to your computer as well as your device?

Did you remember to tick the box to download the map update to your computer as well as your device?

I believe I did, you have now planted the seed of doubt in my mind, I shall check when I re-install as suggested by Wapping.

Having downloaded an updated Garmin map (2021.1) and transferred the required tiles by means of Garmin Express (using an iMac) on to a Montana 610, two issues have arisen.
Although the map is shown on the 610 it cannot be seen on Basecamp dropdown menu.
Having created a short test route and sent to the 610, an error message appears asking should the route to be recalculated. If “yes” is clicked another message appears informing me there are no routable roads in the area! Opting for “no” nothing happens i.e. no route is displayed.
What has gone wrong and what can I do to rectify the problem? Many thanks for your time.

Back up a bit, has the Montana got lifetime maps? As far as I recall, they didn’t have that option, which could be a problem. On the map page on the Montana, press the 3 bars, then see what map options you have, to double check what maps are installed.

Or plug your Montana in to the pc and fire up basecamp and it will read the maps off the Montana.

Also, could you clarify what you mean by transferring map tiles to the Montana using Garmin express? There’s an option in Garmin express to download to the device, or the computer or both, and then by area, but not by selecting tiles.

You can select tiles in Garmin map manager and send the image file to a usb stick or card but they’ll only work in the device the map is linked to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many thanks for all the replies. Having used my extensive IT skills in closing Basecamp and switching the computer off and restarting, unfortunately this did not rectify the issue. Strangely, yesterday evening when Basecamp fired up the relevant map as available (why this didn't happen when going through the same procedure the day before I have no idea). I deleted the test route from the Montana, planned the identical journey once again, transferred to the 610 and it operated correctly.
Do you just require the patience of a saint when utilising Garmin kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom