The new sub-section

Wapping

Reaction score
This is a new sub-section, launched in anticipation of BMW moving away from conventional GPS devices, such as Garmin, to concentrate their efforts exclusively on their own app and its integration with the bike’s all-singing-all-dancing TFT display.

Please limit questions and comments to the GPS aspects of the app only.

Things like, “I can’t hear my mum on the phone”, can be directed to the appropriate (and very successful) sub-section. For everything else, for example, “I can’t see the screen in the sun”, there are the dedicated bike specific ‘Technical’ sections.

Thank you.

Richard

This is a new sub-section, launched in anticipation of BMW moving away from conventional GPS devices, such as Garmin, to concentrate their efforts exclusively on their own app and its integration with the bike’s all-singing-all-dancing TFT display.

Please limit questions and comments to the GPS aspects of the app only.

Things like, “I can’t hear my mum on the phone”, can be directed to the appropriate (and very successful) sub-section. For everything else, for example, “I can’t see the screen in the sun”, there are the dedicated bike specific ‘Technical’ sections.

Thank you.

Richard

Now here's a sub-section I'll never have to visit!

There's a BMW Motorrad App - who knew? What does it do? Please enlighten me as I feel I am missing out here.

There's a BMW Motorrad App - who knew? What does it do? Please enlighten me as I feel I am missing out here.

I am given to understand that the app is called, ‘Connected’.

Odds-on bods will have all sorts of problems doing just that.

Interesting,

my understanding was the partner app was called mySPIN (The unit is made by Bosch) mySPIN is there app

That said, if it confirms to a set of protocols ,and they (BMW) release said protocols and all the relevant keys etc, there is nothing to stop any app

developer producing there own app or apps

Interesting,

my understanding was the partner app was called mySPIN (The unit is made by Bosch) mySPIN is there app

That said, if it confirms to a set of protocols ,and they (BMW) release said protocols and all the relevant keys etc, there is nothing to stop any app

developer producing there own app or apps

I guess this makes sense to someone?

Have been using this today and compared to my usual app it’s very good, except one thing, no cameras?

The really odd thing is that TomTom supply the traffic information for it, but not any camera data. Unless I’m missing something?

Anybody know how to change the voice speaking the "Spoken Instructions" from this awful male one to a nice female one?

My car came with an "APP".

Lasted 12 months FOC for pure novelty value.

Yes, it's parked at my door.

Yes, it's locked.

Yes, I know the ODO reading.

Yes, I know the MPG in recent times.

When the manufacturer asked for lots of money each year to continue enjoying the APP experience, I simply said FRO.

What. A. Piece. Of. Shiite.

Why do they bother? Most of the time the APP either refuses to work at all and/or tell the truth.

How the fuck did we ever survive with our vehicles with out an APP?

ps - this grumpy old shit will be an OAP in a few weeks and reserves the right to be a Grumpy Old Man :)

Youngster :D

For those who may have missed the email from Steffen at BMW there is a firmware/software update available now for the 2021RT TFT. However, there is a further update due in November/December which is supposed to fix yet more issues.

So up to you if you want two 2-4 hour update sessions or just wait until the second one is out.

I shall be doing the latter as I'm now using a Zumo XT anyway :aidan

Back
Top Bottom