Airhead 80-100 G/S Adventure Build

I’ll race you!

Only if it's a Slow Motorcycle Race - last to the line wins!
I meant to call in and see Richie M. last week but circumstances dictated wotherwise. I did manage to call in at Keihan - they were shut! Turns out they close at 1pm on Fridays. Ho hum
Had slightly better luck when I called in yesterday - except that the 2-2 system you've got is no longer avaiulable, was a batch produced for the German market. They MAY have one stashed somewhere - but the Man Who Knows is currently on his hols...

Slow progress waiting for last parts to be made, clearing out the garage I counted 11 different dash patterns. That’s what feckin’ bespoke motorcycle build looks like.

574bb7afcd183bd8a33f82697377006b.jpg

Slow progress waiting for last parts to be made, clearing out the garage I counted 11 different dash patterns. That’s what feckin’ bespoke motorcycle build looks like.

574bb7afcd183bd8a33f82697377006b.jpg

Any more photo’s done yet?

Cheers Mr Hatter.

I did, but I have a Gletter fairing that doesn’t really suit ‘off the peg’ units so have made my own (or got a mate to do it!)

A little more progress.

Rear rack fits the Mosko Moto kit very well, that’s going to work nicely.

IMG_5549.jpg
IMG_5550.jpg
IMG_5551.jpg

And the dash fits well, just need to wire it all up now!

IMG_5548.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Right we’ll Xmas is out of the way and I have half a day spare, so time to crack on, even though the workshop is bloody freezing!

Anyway, after hours of tedious wire routing, re-toting, zip tying, cutting them off, zip tying again …

We finally get to the point where the dash, gauges, lights, power supplies etc are all in, working, not on fire and not excessively draining the battery.

A major step forward.

IMG_5632.jpg

The Thork controller powers up and works.

IMG_5634.jpg

One of these jobs helps enormously

IMG_5636.jpg

Tomorrow’s jobs: to adjust the valve clearances again, recheck the timing, fit the fuel tank and filters, find a way to fix the seat then I can get it MoT’d.

New to the forum and just read this build thread from start to finish.

Epic build. Loving all the thought and detail touches.

Good luck on your shakedown run.

Stirlingmoz

Right we’ll Xmas is out of the way and I have half a day spare, so time to crack on, even though the workshop is bloody freezing!

Anyway, after hours of tedious wire routing, re-toting, zip tying, cutting them off, zip tying again …

We finally get to the point where the dash, gauges, lights, power supplies etc are all in, working, not on fire and not excessively draining the battery.

A major step forward.

View attachment 555278

The Thork controller powers up and works.

View attachment 555279

One of these jobs helps enormously

View attachment 555280

That looks handy, do you need an external power supply to use it ?

I have a 12v power supply on my workbench so use that, but it can just clip onto any 12v battery.

I couldn’t have re-wired the Guzzi Cali without it !

It’s at this stage in all my builds that I ask the question whether anyone out there wants to buy what I’ve built.

So, if you do, get in touch. It won’t be cheap, but if it helps I’ll consider trades plus cash my way, including 950 Super Enduro; 640 Adventure or similar.

Be quick, once I’ve ridden it I’ll change my mind!

Right, seat brackets done. Tab nav/ electronic road book and backup fitted, wired in and working.

Just got to tweak the headlight aim and it’s off for an MoT

IMG_5700.jpg

Back
Top Bottom