Airhead 80-100 G/S Adventure Build

And front & rear Acerbis mudguards landed.

70931ef3448f5af9f1b33634806d6576.jpg

I like the look of that.

What material is the fairing made from?

Hi Dr Nosh - it’s a fibreglass fairing with steel tube mounting framework. It fits on the two bolt holes that the PD has in the headstock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Love the look of the fairing Nin

Cheers Mick, me too. I’m going to swap out the lights for some LED projectors with “Angel Eyes” to make it look a bit more contemporary.

Considering the multiple benefits of LED's it's surprising that they aren't offered as an option by the fairing manufacturer.

Herbert who makes these is basically one step up from a bloke in a shed.

Frame nearly finished, just a small adjustment to the lower cross member and we’re ready for the powder coater.

eecf47c8-d604-454d-a2f5-8dd612c439df.jpg

Might be worth removing the steering lock mechanism and blanking the hole before painting, if you intend to use the steering lock. If you're not intending using it, you could chop it off.

I've just removed a steering lock from an r90/6, same set up. I drilled the rivet head off, prised off the cover and then drilled the rest of the rivet. The lock was reluctant to come out only due to hard old grease. With a lot of wiggling with the key in, copious amounts of GT85 (WD40) it popped out easily. If you don't have the key and you want it out, you'll need to get brutal. I intend to replace mine. You can get replacement rivets (form Motorworks, probably elsewhere too)

Nicely done.

I was planning to cut the whole thing off with an angle grinder, weld a plate over the hole, drill and tap it and fit a grease nipple.

Nin, How are you mounting the fuel Tank ?

Do you not need the fuel tank mount tube back on there ?

Perhaps its not a standard tank ?

HPN tank with its own fitting kit ...

Though I’ve not been able to collect it yet so those top fillets were positioned to match pics of other bikes I’ve seen running that tank. Some adjustment may be required!

Nin, How are you mounting the fuel Tank ?

Do you not need the fuel tank mount tube back on there ?

Perhaps its not a standard tank ?

A very appropriate question for me Doc as it appears mine is no longer there...as i had it done about 18yrs ago i cant remember if it ever was but looks pretty suspicious given the position of the strengthening plates.

Can someone give me dims for the tube? size and position?

And Nin can yoy PM me details of the tank your getting mate ..

,,,,very Ta

Charlie

Attachments

• IMG_3614.jpg
    IMG_3614.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 639
Charlie I can probly get the tube back from the welder.

You can see where it’s fitted on this pic

IMG_0062.JPG

Postie dropped the mirrors off today.

IMG_0621.JPG

Forks are now with Mark at MH Racing, I’m just off to get the front wheel & disc from Premier Bikes who got one made up for me at a very respectable price.

A quick run up to see Sharpsie who’s welding the frame, we’re almost there ...

IMG_0676.JPGIMG_0675.JPGIMG_0674.JPG

And then over to Premier Bikes to get wheel parts...

IMG_0677.JPGIMG_0678.JPGIMG_0679.JPG

Back
Top Bottom