Airhead 80-100 G/S Adventure Build

What I’m thinking is a slightly longer link pipe so the silencers follow the reinforcement strut, then oe pannier frames with heat shield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Have you seen the gletter version?

I'd go with soft panniers. There are so many about like the Adeventure-Spec Magadans or the Enduristan stuff.

Both of these will fit on OE rails. You might take a look at the Hepco Becker rails from Motobins. Then you can use soft bags or hard panniers depending on what sort of trip you're doing.

I'd go with soft panniers. There are so many about like the Adeventure-Spec Magadans or the Enduristan stuff.

Both of these will fit on OE rails. You might take a look at the Hepco Becker rails from Motobins. Then you can use soft bags or hard panniers depending on what sort of trip you're doing.

Thanks Tufty, that is the exact plan.

I’m currently using a giant loop bag, but will prob move to the latest Enduristan soft bags.

They work well on or pannier frames, which are also handy for tying the bike down, manhandling it out of hedges etc.

This is the Gletter version - given the pound’s recent rally it’s looking a bit less eye wateringly expensive

5584e9f6b9dcc1443c957a95ae8979a3.jpg

I’m currently using a giant loop bag, but will prob move to the latest Enduristan soft bags.

They work well on or pannier frames, which are also handy for tying the bike down, manhandling it out of hedges etc.

I can vouch for the AS Magadans. I looked at the Enduristan, but went for the Magadans weith their kevlar lamination throughout and they are more voluminous too - and the waterproof dry bags for inside are like rhino hide. Very impressed with them. I bought them for the X Country and Challenge, but will also use them on the GS as they will carry more stuff than the original hard panniers. There are outside pockets for the likes of a stove fuel bottle one side and drinking bottle or flask the other, then flap lidded pockets for your side-of-the-road stuff. Plus loops for attaching other exterior stuff if you need to - like my fishing rods!

Thanks I’d been looking at the Magadans as well. It was one of Lyndon’s reviews that turned my eye to the Enduristan gear.

I always carry a full size umbrella on my travels...

for what is worth, I have the Magadans and really like them, easy to pack and very rugged, with decent size pouches on the outside for oil/fuel bottles or water. I havent used the Enduristan ones but have three of their tank bags and they are top notch.

Exhausts - I went for these in the end.

IMG_0895.JPG

Well you might not be too far off the mark there Paul.

Airhead triple black is an option I’m considering and Zircotec are about 1/2 a mile from my house ...

You need Xylan coating.

Non-stick, hugely abrasive resistant, not too pricey either. I’ll be getting frame and front engine covers done.

Rest of the engine will be bare alloy though.

It’s lovely, shame it’s not mine! But it’ll look pretty similar when it’s done

Back
Top Bottom