Airhead 80-100 G/S Adventure Build

A short term fix for the cooler hoses. I’m going fiddle around with them and might replace them with the correct length for the final position.

IMG_2078.jpg
IMG_2077.jpg

Not much time in the workshop today - just got the IMO sensor and fork shrouds on, sorted a bit of wiring and began to wonder about throttle and choke cable runs …

IMG_2098.jpg

I was advised (by Jon Watson-Miller, Bracken MW) to remove the crash bar mounted oil cooler before we set off on our Cape Town trip because, as he pointed out, the pipes were very exposed. I reinstated it on our return but always carry the bypass pipe these days.

I was advised (by Jon Watson-Miller, Bracken MW) to remove the crash bar mounted oil cooler before we set off on our Cape Town trip because, as he pointed out, the pipes were very exposed. I reinstated it on our return but always carry the bypass pipe these days.

That’s good advice on a standard bike in reasonable conditions.

That’s good advice on a standard bike in reasonable conditions.

I know you’re going to redo the hoses. I would suggest you get the new hoses with the plastic sleeves on and cable tie them closely inside the frame tube to minimise the risk of them snagging.

I know you’re going to redo the hoses. I would suggest you get the new hoses with the plastic sleeves on and cable tie them closely inside the frame tube to minimise the risk of them snagging.

Thanks Chad, you read my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not thought of that. Good idea I must get a suitable pipe. I'll have a look in the morning but what do I buy. I guess its a fairly standard short hose?

Not thought of that. Good idea I must get a suitable pipe. I'll have a look in the morning but what do I buy. I guess its a fairly standard short hose?

I think Moto Israel do a plug and play replacement that uses the existing bolts / threads. Alternatively, you can replace the internal feed pipe and cover. The latter being a more permanent solution obvs.

Just seen this thread, no experience of air heads whatsoever but love a good build, top job so far.

I think Moto Israel do a plug and play replacement that uses the existing bolts / threads. Alternatively, you can replace the internal feed pipe and cover. The latter being a more permanent solution obvs.

Thanks. Will look into. I always like to have at least a solution if not carry the spare to get you out of a hole if you’re on a trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great build, I hear what people are saying about a oil cooler but if it gets full of mud your no worse off than not having one, bypass hose for damage is a good thing.
I’d be more concerned about the Migsil side stand and perhaps the low level pipe’s
The side stand hangs down way to low on my bike, I’m going to put a bend in it similar to how KTM overcome the same issues.

Not much visible progress, but have been trying to work out how I fit a speedo, gps and phone mount behind the screen.

Currently stumped, but will get into bracket making next week all being well.

The hardest part was realising the I’m probably not good enough these days to worry about running a road book and IMO.

Funny you should mention it. After a busy summer, we’re back in the game.

Subframe back from welders.

f1aab57056728fcdcffdfb20d01e3b90.jpg

b47845ad1fb5d8139388e3c012157643.jpg

Back
Top Bottom