Airhead 80-100 G/S Adventure Build

And fitted

e3570379618bc6ae36bd7b7588c10c6d.jpg

Which means I can put the tank on and offer up the seat, and see how the Mosko Moto bags will fit.

6a902c444c7a627dbc57dc33ac47a966.jpg

6edd5e1c63219e689d2fcd6850169eaa.jpg

I think maybe a slightly higher seat - maybe an inch.

Then next week’s problem is fitting the instruments.

We got Christmas out of the way, so it’s time to restart work on this one.

After messing around with Touratech road book holders and ICO rally’s computers I’ve decided:

a) I’m never going to ride this bike in a road book rallye
b) building a full instrument tower will have to be so high it’ll rip my bollox off if I go over the front
c) the main nav unit (a Samsung tab Active) will have to go on the bars.

Once that’s all decided, making the dash is a much simpler affair.

So start with cutting out some templates

IMG_3082.jpg

Then in stiffer card

IMG_3083.jpg
IMG_3081.jpg

Next to get sizes for the oil pressure and volt gauges, and work out how many switches I need. We’ll also stick the ignition switch in there.

But first, time to walk the dog.

Cheers Mike - compression was really just to check there was some. Main thing was the oil pressure which I’m happy with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Inspiration…..

Next to get sizes for the oil pressure and volt gauges, and work out how many switches I need. We’ll also stick the ignition switch in there.

But first, time to walk the dog.[/QUOTE

This is the dash on the HPN, it might give you some ideas.
Keep up the great work.
C

Attachments

• 85C03E14-30E1-46BC-B8D6-BF5D0C452C79.jpeg
    85C03E14-30E1-46BC-B8D6-BF5D0C452C79.jpeg
    133.7 KB · Views: 586
Spot on that man, thanks. I’ve gone for the Durite pressure and voltage gauges, and Acewell combined speed & rev counter.

IMG_3093.jpg

IMG_3092.jpg

Any progress? Love the retro looks of the Durite guages - although I'm pretty sure you've already got a volmeter incorporated into that multi-function Acewell unit (a 6456?)

I wish

He’s banged up at home with COVID, had a hard 6 months at work and multiple jobs needed done on the house.

But hopefully get cracking on it again in th3 next few days, got to get it ready and shaken down for the North of Spain Rally.

Back
Top Bottom