Off road course near SW London

Status
Not open for further replies.

adventuredon

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Researching my Xmas present from the wife...

so looking for an off road course/learning/training weekend near SW London i.e. Surrey Hampshire, Sussex area. Not keen on travelling more than 3 hours for a day (maybe a weekend). Alas, very keen to try off road riding. Must be on their bikes, with their clothing and exciting enough to be above entry level "how to mount a bike". Ideally a 2 day course with some distance? ...Looking to do it in February half term.
Don't really care if it's a BMW, Honda, KTM or Kawasaki centre...suggestions please

Failing a local ish suggestion, Ill widen my search towards Manchester/peaks as a last resort..lol

thanks will look into them. Now it seems I might be able to do a day in the peaks as well / instead of so anyone near Manchester that can be recommended

thanks will look into them. Now it seems I might be able to do a day in the peaks as well / instead of so anyone near Manchester that can be recommended

SkyGod on here.... I had a day with him, it was organised by another member. I had never been off road bewfore and he got us all to manage the lanes he took us on. He does guided routes too, if you are already competent.

no, i'd not say competent. But then not really tried bar ragging around a field on a KTM 690 at Smiffy's Kent do

Try Ady Smith, he has places near you. Good lad and trainer for all levels. You can ride the full ktm enduro range, although he'll probably start you on a 4 stroke 250.

https://adysmith.co.uk/

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

booked desert rose for January. Closest date to wet weather and easy to do in a day. I'll update this thread when I have been! Booked a 4 stroke Husqvarna/KTM as they might sound nice!

OK, so at long last I got to complete my Stage 1 course at Desert Rose, despite booking in early December! Thanks Covid. Yes, idyllic private forest used for the day, deer running wild, big lake, and loads of logs and roots to skip over. Started at 9 and finished at 4. Made me feel a lot like day 1 of skiing. Lots of much needed tuition and explanations around basic exercises, highlighting how easy things look, how hard they are to imitate and the immensity of making these things look natural. Fair to say I was the first to lose it off road doing tight S bend turns. I blame it on the snatchy bastard throttle of the KTM 250 freeride! I was given this due to height limitations. Much fun and falls followed. Mainly me. I the swapped to a 350 Beta and it was much easier controlling the jerk me / don't jerk me throttle of the KTM. After 3 off on the KTM I managed without falling off or launching the bike off the side of the ravine. So much to learn, so little time and expanse or bike to learn on! Loved it but I am now most certainly bruised and stiff! I must say I wasn't the only one to fall, but I probably fell more than others at speed! No simple offs, thankfully. On the last ride I had the KTM 150 2 stroke and that was fun, even managed a 2 foot drop off a high path to the gravel track! Well organised, well run, learned a shed load and missed a smooth throttle oh so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom